Intake Issue

• Sponsors (?)

tmoss does a great job, I bought a used tmoss lower from from my friend and it works great. good power increase. also remember if you port it and break thru you just messed up your intake and might have ruined it, where as if tmoss does it it's guaranteed. just thought I'd throw a sales pitch out there for ya tmoss;o)

mike keirstead said:
Just didn't know if there was less work involved because of the TFS intake bigger port size. What do you port your runner opening to a 1250?

Mike, I port to the head that will be used. I try to keep the intake lower runner slightly smaller than the head to allow for head machining tolerance (i.e. Edelbrock allows 0.030" variance) and to allow for some adjustment of the lower to the head alignment. If I have the heads, I can do an exact alignment, but that is costly for guys that would have to mail me heads. If they take their time and make me a nice template of their heads, I can get closer to actual runner placement.

tmoss said:
Mike, I port to the head that will be used. I try to keep the intake lower runner slightly smaller than the head to allow for head machining tolerance (i.e. Edelbrock allows 0.030" variance) and to allow for some adjustment of the lower to the head alignment. If I have the heads, I can do an exact alignment, but that is costly for guys that would have to mail me heads. If they take their time and make me a nice template of their heads, I can get closer to actual runner placement.

I see. Thanks

Did my own the same as tmoss does and love it. That combined with a little bit of work to the upper along with my stock bored 63mm T/B (I’m such a cheap skate) definitely allows the engine to breath a little deeper. All in all, the welding cost me $60.00 and it was about 6-7 hours worth of work. If you've got the right tools, you can do it yourself, but if you're starting from scratch, it'll cost you more in carbide bits that it would if you were to just have Tom do it for you.