Engine Intake upgrade

92 Hatch Gt
mods done to motor: bigger maf with injectors to match, k&N intake, BBK fuel regulator, and MSD ignition. close to stock, never opened.

I bought a tubular upper, lower intake, and the spacer off a buddy and want to know if I need heads to install it. Not sure if ports are the same on stock heads. I don't know what all I need for the swap. I know I wont see massive gains by any means but id like to put it on. Its my daily so Id be in a rush to install it, and I don't want to start then realize I'm missing something.

PS: I do plan on getting a set of aluminum heads with a cam later on, any suggestions on budget heads, cam, rockers?

• Sponsors (?)

Pretty much a plug and play intake swap, some finessing with the vacuum lines is all.
lots of options for heads and cams, depending on your intentions and other stuff.
So the lower intake ports are the same size/shape on the stock heads? And my goal with the car is to make decent NA power before going to pro charged. I was thinking trick flow stage 1-2 cam with 1.7 roller rockers then a set of aluminum gt40 heads.

Yeah, go ahead and install it. You should feel some SOTP improvement over 3000RPM. Later on, if you go to bigger heads, you can have the lower ported.

Reactions: 1 users