Intake upgrades????

gtrackd02

Aug 2, 2003
st clair shores
Ok I currently have a ported stock plenum, a slightly modded throttlebody (the inside edge was grinded out) , stock maf, mac fenderwell cai...
I'm thinkin of getting this stuff: c&l intake plenum , maf , inlet tube , accufab throttle body (70-75mm ?) ...

Now my question is this... Should i get all of it or just the throttle boddy and maf, inlet tube?
I'm wondering if the c&l plenum is that much better than my ported stock one.. I know the mac could be replaced also the t-body, so what do you alll think?

• Sponsors (?)

if you have the cash, get the plenum and throttle body :) i wouldnt get the MAF, just get a good tune instead.
i have the C & L Plenum and Accufab 75mm TB and i am very pleased with them.

I agree with 1990StangLX, if you have the funds then get it all. I have the C&L Plenum with a BBK 70MM throttle body with a MAC cold air kit. It really makes a big difference past 3500 RPMs. I am waiting for the cash to get the MAF kit and inlet pipe. Someone on here posted a gain of 20RWHP and 27RWTQ with the whole kit. To me that is definately worth it!!

1990StangLX said:
if you have the cash, get the plenum and throttle body :) i wouldnt get the MAF, just get a good tune instead.
i have the C & L Plenum and Accufab 75mm TB and i am very pleased with them.

Yeah what he said. I have the C&L plenum, BBK 70mm TB, UPR cai & Pro M Remote Optimizer. I'm really pleased with this combo. However I'm pulling the cash together to get the C&L inlet pipe & Accufab 75mm TB. I'm just going to replace the MAF to TB pipe from the cai with the Inlet pipe from C&L and replace the BBK 70 with the Accufab 75 (just for a few more ponies) :nice: .

DCBigpimpin said:
Yeah what he said. I have the C&L plenum, BBK 70mm TB, UPR cai & Pro M Remote Optimizer. I'm really pleased with this combo. However I'm pulling the cash together to get the C&L inlet pipe & Accufab 75mm TB. I'm just going to replace the MAF to TB pipe from the cai with the Inlet pipe from C&L and replace the BBK 70 with the Accufab 75 (just for a few more ponies) :nice: .

With the Pro-M optimizer you can control your A/F mixture? is this correct? If so how much is it and where can i get it from?