Interested in a billet gauge bezel/console?

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
North Atlanta
I just looked at JME prices for their bare gauge Bezel...$349.95...without gauges.

I am currently working with a CNC machinist that sponsors our club. He usually only does late model stuff, however, we have been throwing the idea back and forth of creating a Billet Gauge Bezel for classic mustangs. The price is still up in the air, but when he heard the price of the JME stuff he laughed and assured me it would be much less.

Now, is anyone interested in something like this? Would it be worth the effort getting this project started?

Please note that I am NOT selling these items. They are not even in production. I just was gauging interest to see if there is really a demand for these in the classic mustang world.

Shane

• Sponsors (?)

It would have 5. He would need a template to work from for a 6...I have one in my garage. I am meeting up with him in February if I am not mistaken. I may just ship him my bezel and see what he can do with it.

If it's availible in a year or so, or later, can fit Autometer gauges, has a similar 6-gauge layout, and is a lot cheaper, I'd like to start my project off by getting a 69 dash pod similar to the JME one. That is if you don't mind shipping to the land of Oz.

Sal,

I will have to check into the 67-68 pieces.

I emailed our CNC guy. I told him there was in interest in gauge consoles, billet glove door boxes, billet grills, and billet trim pieces....knobs, locks, etc.

HAHA....I got an email as I was posting this....He said he would definetly look at the pieces, but they are not sure if they want to get into such a specialty market.

Will keep everyone posted. It is going to be Feb before any of this takes place...at the earliest.