Interested In mustang 2 REPLIES NEEDED URGENTLY

M-317

Jul 7, 2007
I'm looking at buying a 78 mustang cobra 2 been sitting for 4 years carb is no good and causes rough idle, newly rebuilt engine and trany only 500 miles on both. No a/c or compressor but i'm cool with no a/c. I want to know what are the most common probs with these cars. also i have a 5.0 that's been wrecked and has a bullit proof transmission. I do know that the bell housing is unique to the mustang 2 but i was curious as to weather my transmission would bolt up to the mustang 2 bell housing? I APPRECIATE QUICK RESPONSES I MIGHT BUY THE CAR TOMORROW!!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

II ownership is not something to jump into lightly, especially if you've owned later (or earlier) Mustangs. Almost nothing will "bolt right up" to a II, although those with patientice and logic will work around those problems. Makes owning a II a little more satisfying than the "cookie cutter mail order" cars. Even if the other trans bolts up correctly to the bell, I can guarantee you that the shifter and trans mount points will differ.

The upshot is if you like it and don't mind doing things the hard (read "often expensive") way, then go for it. If you're looking for a minimal effort car, probably be a good idea to pass.

I APPRECIATE QUICK RESPONSES

And you are ... ????

The expediency of the dissemimanation of esoteric information is in direct porportion to the amount of and the speed in which your Jing lands in my pocket.

Freaking Tim Grahalls, will they never end. ? Coming in, demanding info,... wanting it now ... Blow me.

I'm sure Tims good at the deep six swallow ... Aha, never mind ...

What Cobraman wrote, IIs aren't something to be jumped into and taken lightly. Put it this way, you could "build" a handfull or more of FoxStangs and then face plant doing a II.

Facial Road Rash sucks.

Hate to tell, your inital post reads like a 17 year old who will slap something together, break it, and send another II to the crusher.

Call us back when you own it, which means you'll also be commited.

Commited to the task,

And commited to the Looney Bin.

:D :rlaugh: :nice:

Mustang II's are not as easy to build as the shopping list 5.0l Fox, But they are generaly easy to work on. Common things to look for:

1. Rust! Common rust spots on a II are in the engine compartment. Where the front fenders bolt on and the battery tray should be carefully inspected. The Floor pans should also be checked. Rear quarter panels above the wheel openings are prone to rust also.

2. Springs. Most II's could use new rear leaf springs, check these for broken leafs.

3. II's are between 29-33 years old and most of them will require a restoration. Make sure to check all the safety items on any car of this vintage.

Your transmission?? T5 5 speed??? can be transplanted into a II. The swap has been well documented in our forum. If your 5.0l was automatic (AOD) it can be swaped into a II also.

http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=583261&highlight=5+speed

Welcome to the forum, I think between our members we have done just about anything to a II that can be done! If you have any question feel free to post them:D

wellcome aboard i use this forum for some good info. mostly read hardly post but must now.man mark a little harsh there ah i;m sure you were young and excited about owning a car like the IIs at one time.i know i was and yes i had no paitence allso but learned as i moved along.as for owning this II its a good thing for the next generation getting involed i get more thumbs up driving my king cobra in the shows from the as you say 17 year olds.its cool good luck with your projct there are plenty of old farts like myself that will help you out check out the other site availible that Tim runs and owns. i don;t know why he is being bashed or i;m missing somthing cruise on and enjoy your II they get alot of looks from the crouds more then the dime a dozen fox bodys (did i say that) take care

And you are ... ????

The expediency of the dissemimanation of esoteric information is in direct porportion to the amount of and the speed in which your Jing lands in my pocket.

Freaking Tim Grahalls, will they never end. ? Coming in, demanding info,... wanting it now ... Blow me.

I'm sure Tims good at the deep six swallow ... Aha, never mind ...

Wow, impressive, Mark is still around. I figured this old hippie was long gone by now. Nine years and still holding a grudge. You really need a life.

BTW - it is spelled Grahl not Grahall

I know the first thing to go with age is the mind so we will help you out here and there.

:nice:

I love it ( Mark gave me a blast o sh*&$#@!* before.) But that's OK. Sometimes people want quick answers. Hell ,with cell phones , hi speed internet, on demand cable, you name it , WHO wants to wait any more?????????????? Keep it up though Mark, I can't get enough:nice:

Nine years and still holding a grudge.

What can I say? ??

Quality of people such as your self are worthy of life time reminders of their transgressions.

People of your intellectual capacity seem incapable of understanding this.

:rlaugh: :shrug:

BTW - it is spelled Grahl not Grahall

You know what they say about the speeelling flambe,

:rlaugh:

BTW, what ever did your Boss say about the garbage you were sending me , on their dime , through their servers?

The people I talked to at Ford Motor Company thought your mails rather ..... low life.

Just wondering ....