interior and exterior trim that wears out?

clarkjr

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2000
NC
I just bought an '04 and wondered what interior trim parts and exterior parts tend to wear out or fade. I am looking at buying and tucking away some of the smaller items now in case they are not available or just too expensive down the road.

I have a '91 LX and all of the exterior trim around the door glass is pretty rough. Does that rubber strip on the top of the door where it meets the glass start to decay on the '94 up cars too?

What about interior stuff that is easy to tuck away such as the door handle bezels; do these crack like the fox cars?

Anything else?

• Sponsors (?)

Well since its an 04, i doubt many people have yet to experience extreme wear and tear..

BTW, have you noticed how many 99-04 Mustangs are out on the roads? ALOT, so it would seem to me that there will ALWAYS be a large supply of parts for these. Its not like they are rare or anything, lol.

I figured the interior/exterior trim is made of the same stuff on the '94/5 cars as the '99+ cars.

I know they are not rare but with my '91 (also not rare) the trim parts that used to cost $13 are now $35 and Ford will likely stop producing them at some point which would leave me with overseas junk as the only option.

I am looking at owning this car for a long time (the '04) and wanted to stock pile as many things that I could forsee that may become degraded.

yea i see what your saying..

the 94-95's do have slightly diferent interiors, and materials, but they are fairly close..

As far as my 01GT goes.. i can list a few potential wear/tear items..

-I could see how the door panels could get banged up over time..
-Steering wheel (obvious reasons)
-Stock radio (they go bad somtimes)
-Seats(obvious reasons)
-arm rest door inserts (the can break)
-Guage cluster (they fade over time)
-Taillights (can fade,crack over time)
-Front/rear bumper covers (obvious)
-GT fog lights (can fade,crack,ect)