interior help

i have an 87 vert that im looking to do somethin wild wit the interior i wanna move the radio into the vent above the hvac an get rid of the center console and try and find some different door panels can anybody help with any of this? my familys been saying about doing the sn-95 interior swap but that just seems played out to me

• Sponsors (?)

I am unaware of anyone who has done the radio in the vent before, but post pics and keep us up to date on progress. As for the door panels, you can change out to different years and there are billet items you can pick up to put on them but if you are handy with custom fab work then you can take it in any direction you want.

ive only found the radio moved into the vent twice surfing around i found this interior on another site when i was surfing and thought it was perty cool

Attachments

• mustang interior.jpg
    mustang interior.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 183
This don't get rid of the console but it is what I did to mine. Radio quit so I knew problem with CD's so a built something. If you notice that is a 93 style control. I wanted the heater fan control closer. I am exploring the option of install the electronic temp system from say a Crown Vic or Taurus. Set the temp and be done with it. Haven't found a face unit that is not worn out or junky. Maurice
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w224/mgman75/Picture12-12-2010238.jpg

I made mine but there is one you can buy already made. I used clear plastic and crazy glue to glue together. It has catchs on the backside to hold it in. Be aware some extending of the vac lines, electric to ac maybe necessary. I just don't know because I used a differant year controls. Link to one already made there are others on net. [foxbody relocation panels] is search words I used. Maurice
Edit was a dead link would not work. Use the search words and you will find them.

I don't know about that. I have compared weights you would think SHO Taurus would weight lot more but it doesn't and the HP of SHO and 5.0 were about the same. I found motor, trans and body cheap but has been a royal nightmare. But down to the I hope easy stuff. Maurice