Intro

FS68Stang

Jun 15, 2022
North Richland Hills, Texas
Hi All. Wanted to do a quick intro.

Father and son here. Had a couple of 66's growing up and decided to let the son get one as well. Found a 68 at a local swap and he fell in love with it. Image below.

The PO did a few things I didn't care for so I've been in the process of rectifying them.
  1. Complete rewire using the Autowire kit.
  2. Pertronix Dist with Electronic Ignition
  3. Wheels and tires - PO had 18 inch wheels and tires - 2015-2017 Ford Mustang GT 18x8 (If anyone is interested, let me know and I can provide the link for images)
  4. Weatherstripping kit
It's far from perfect and still a ton of things on my list but I'm getting there. Next up is A/C. This Texas heat is terrible!

Stang.jpg

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors(?)

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
polk county florida
Well the members over in the classic forums are gonna love that!!
Welcome to stangnet now get over to the forums and show em what you got.

Reactions: 1 user

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
I’d trade my Fox in a minute for a car like that………. But I’d like to have that AND my Fox.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user

7991LXnSHO

wanna catch the space herp
10 Year Member
Sep 1, 2010
Kearney, NE
I’d leave the Pertronix on. Unless you are updating to a visually obvious DUI, it’s nice not messing with points and having more spark energy.
Ac is good. Are you looking at a newer compact unit, or a dealer install looking under dash unit? The Surefit kit for without air has enough footnotes for being a sure fit. https://www.vintageair.com/search-results/?sqry=1968 Mustang&pageno=2