Introducing myself....

spidee

May 9, 2006
Hello Moderators, Sponsors, and fellow Members...

I've been enjoying the threads for awhile. I've been lurking and evaluating if I will feel at home with you guys. Sort of like moving and renting a room with another group of college guys. I haven't said anything until I knew I would be joining the group. It seems the time will be approaching soon. I'm about to sell my 2005 Cadillac CTS-V this week. If all goes to plan, I should have my 2005 Saleen S281 this month as well.

My first car was a 1984 GT 5.0 automatic. Three months later I was able to get a brand new 1990 LX 5.0 automatic. That only lasted me 6 months. I was still in highschool and had some jealous classmates shoot it with a pellet gun twice. Sold the car and went back to my 84' GT. I owned that till the motor died 3 years later. The motor already had 75k miles when I bought it. By the time the motor blew, I had 200k miles. As a highschool student you know I wasn't easy on the car. So putting 200k miles on a car and beating it hard for 125k got my respect. I rebuilt the motor and sold it. I picked up a 1992 LX 5.0 manual. This was my best mustang to date. It only had a few mods but it never lost a race. It had eibach sport springs, flowmaster 2 chamber mufflers, 3:08 gears, polished pony wheels, and a superchips chip. I owned that for 2 years until someone cut me off and I hit a curb at 50mph. The alignment went to crap. I couldn't get it aligned. Something wasn't right so I traded it in for something new. I had been involved with Mustangs for about 5 years and I felt I needed to open my eyes some more to other brands. I bought a 2.0L 4 cylinder VW Jetta. I regretted the move the same night. Ever since then, I moved from one car to another. I hope I find a life long relationship with my new stang.

So what can you guys tell me about the difference between Saleen, Ford Motorsports, and Whipple superchargers?

• Sponsors (?)

The Ford Racing supercharger is the Whipple twin screw. The Saleen supercharger is a good one for bottom end torque production. It has longer intake runners and does work very well on the street and does not respond as well as others with added boost levels as far as hp increases go. If you are a torque junky, Saleens are the ticket. I personally like the Ford (Whipple) blower as a good all around set up. It responds well to added boost levels and provides gobs of low end torque.

anthony05gt said:
The Ford Racing supercharger is the Whipple twin screw. The Saleen supercharger is a good one for bottom end torque production. It has longer intake runners and does work very well on the street and does not respond as well as others with added boost levels as far as hp increases go. If you are a torque junky, Saleens are the ticket. I personally like the Ford (Whipple) blower as a good all around set up. It responds well to added boost levels and provides gobs of low end torque.

For some reason I thought the Ford Racing charger was a Roush co-developed kit. Good to know the facts now. ;)