Iran wants a nuke, Does anybody care?

yeah that is exactly the kinda stuff that gets me going........

if you took all the interviews, news clips, senate hearings, investigations and the like over the last 30 years and really looked at the stuff some of these guys said and actually reminded people of it, you'd have anarchy..........lol.........people have very short memories......

there's also a news clip, i can't remember if it was regarding bush junior or senior, where they were asked about weather or not the administration was equiped to deal with the middle east, and the guy said " the bush's visit the bin ladens when there in that part of the world, this administration is as tight with the bin laden's as you can get" ..........go figure:D

• Sponsors (?)

:flag: yep, but rome was dumb about it, we are not trying to govern the whole world. It is kinda pathetic that people feel so bad for these terrorists that are being detained and the whole thing with the Abu Grab Prison scandal (which was a disgrace to the U.S. Army and the National Guard because U.S. Soldiers are better than that) but why isn't the world making a big fuss over these detainee's befored they have been captured? Why don't we remind the world WHY these men are in prison! Do you not remember the videos of the countless men those animals have beheaded? Yet we want to grant them all of these rights and stuff when we captured them? I don't care what happens to them, they murder iraqi men woman and CHILDREN everyday. Iran and N. Korea should not have nukes, if so we are all in trouble because i don't think they would hesitate to sell them to terrorists.

Also, Clinton had many times to get Bin Laden during the 8 years he was in office. After the embassy bombings in Africa he could have, he also should have done more than just shoot a few tomahawks at him. I dont no i dont really like talking about politics, but i just hate seeing the U.S. Get the crap end of the stick on everything in the world today.

:flag:

mondos90lx said:
:flag: yep, but rome was dumb about it, we are not trying to govern the whole world. It is kinda pathetic that people feel so bad for these terrorists that are being detained and the whole thing with the Abu Grab Prison scandal (which was a disgrace to the U.S. Army and the National Guard because U.S. Soldiers are better than that) but why isn't the world making a big fuss over these detainee's befored they have been captured? Why don't we remind the world WHY these men are in prison! Do you not remember the videos of the countless men those animals have beheaded? Yet we want to grant them all of these rights and stuff when we captured them? I don't care what happens to them, they murder iraqi men woman and CHILDREN everyday. Iran and N. Korea should not have nukes, if so we are all in trouble because i don't think they would hesitate to sell them to terrorists.

Also, Clinton had many times to get Bin Laden during the 8 years he was in office. After the embassy bombings in Africa he could have, he also should have done more than just shoot a few tomahawks at him. I dont no i dont really like talking about politics, but i just hate seeing the U.S. Get the crap end of the stick on everything in the world today.

:flag:

i agree, however i think the main reason the usa has to, and has had to go out of our way with things like that is so we seem as civilized as possible to the rest of the world, and to our own citizens, because if we don't then it makes it very difficult for us to have that "good guy" label......and or a good reputation.........if we lose that then i think it makes it that much more difficult to use force and still convince our own citizens and the world abroad that we're " the good guys doing it for the right reasons" and in light of all thats happened the last few years it's important to try and maintain that, even though there are other countries who will always side against us.. it's kinda like the criminal justice sytem, there are some people out there who don't deserve squat for their actions, but we're supposed to be fair to them anyway, because thats what the usa is supposed to be about. it's a reputation thing, imo

as for clintons deficiency's, i think some of that was domestic econmoic reasons. example, he signed some peace deals with countries that we knew most likely wouldn't adhere to them, the economy was good, people were happy........he wasn't going to rock the boat chasing terrorists or concerning americans with anything that would distract them from the economical buzz we were on.......if it ain't broke don't fix it, was i'm sure part of that mentality. most of the terrorist events that happened when he was in office were down played to a certain extent i believe, they were considered an issue, but imagine those same events happeneing today, there'd be panic, and much more action taken and like i said i think at that time, they did not want to shake things up too much. thats just one reason........i'm sure there's others, but that would be pure speculation on my part, and i'm not goin there........lol....

69Rcode_Mach1 said:
I am not saying that Christians are doing this, or they are evil. I am using an event to compare it to TrunkFunks claims. He is saying that a handful of Muslim radicals opposing American and supporting terrorism, means that we should nuke the whole middle east, and kill anyone associated with Islam because those murderers say they do it in the name of Islam. I was trying to compare his ridiculous statement to a similar thing happening with Christianity. Things like the above, and the Irish Terrorists who kill innocent people "in the name of Christianity". My point being that these ridiculous radicals like nazi's and klanmen claim to be doing it in the name of Christianity. Which is the same as the terrorists, they say they are doing it in the name of Islam. Do you understand where I am coming from fiveohwblow? I am not putting down your beliefs, just trying to prove a point to TrunkFunk. No offense intended, I am have nothing against Christians.

According to TrunkFunk we need to kill them all, I was pointing out that the same has happened with Christianity and that if we were to go with TrunkFunks thinking the innocent Christians should have been wiped out long ago by the current superpower. You see what I am saying? I am not taking shots at Christianity just drawing parallels to show that TrunkFunks proposal of killing everyone and his justification sounds like the talk of an uneducated, simpleton. He claims to be a civil Christian, but from everything he has said in this thread, he has the exact same mindset as a terrorist.

Again TrunkFunk you completely missed the point of my arguments, and as for sarcasm, I take it you have no reasonable argument, because your sarcasm doesn't even support your idea, it just completely leaves on a tangent of bashing me, and avoiding the topic at hand, because you have no valid argument and have realized it.
I understand your position now more. Thank you for the explanation, it makes more sense. I apologize for the insinuation but I just know that cynicism breeds negativity and I wanted to avoid that from happening. As for your debate with TrunkFunk, I think its cool you two are having a political debate because I enjoy seeing two people go at it with a political topic, so I wont go there. However, from what I have read in the Koran it says that if anyone opposes them to form a jihad and abolish the opposition. "IF" that is true, then only those who are in the jihads fighting are doing what their book tells them to. Again, that is based upon the assumption that what I remember reading is true....:shrug:

jrichker said:
Thought you might be interested in this forgotten bit of information..........

It was 1987! At a lecture the other day they were playing an old news video of Lt.Col. Oliver North testifying at the Iran-Contra hearings during the Reagan Administration.

There was Ollie in front of God and country getting the third degree, but what he said was stunning!

He was being drilled by a senator; "Did you not recently spend close to $60,000 for a home security system?"
Ollie replied, "Yes, I did, Sir."

The senator continued, trying to get a laugh out of the audience, "Isn't that just a little excessive?"

"No, sir," continued Ollie.

"No? And why not?" the senator asked.

"Because the lives of my family and I were threatened, sir."

"Threatened? By whom?" the senator questioned.

"By a terrorist, sir" Ollie answered.

"Terrorist? What terrorist could possibly scare you that much?"

"His name is Osama bin Laden, sir" Ollie replied.

At this point the senator tried to repeat the name, but couldn't pronounce it, which most people back then probably couldn't. A couple of people laughed at the attempt. Then the senator continued. "Why are you so afraid of this man?" the senator asked.

"Because, sir, he is the most evil person alive that I know of", Ollie answered.

"And what do you recommend we do about him?" asked the senator.

"Well, sir, if it was up to me, I would recommend that an assassin team be formed to eliminate him and his men from the face of the earth."

The senator disagreed with this approach, and that was all that was shown of the clip.

By the way, that senator was Al Gore!

Also:

Terrorist pilot Mohammad Atta blew up a bus in Israel in 1986. The Israelis captured, tried and imprisoned him. As part of the Oslo agreement with the Palestinians in 1993, Israel had to agree to release so-called "political prisoners."

However, the Israelis would not release any with blood on their hands, The American President at the time, Bill Clinton, and his Secretary of State, Warren Christopher, "insisted" that all prisoners be released.

Thus Mohammad Atta was freed and eventually thanked the US by flying an airplane into Tower One of the World Trade Center. This was reported by many of the American TV networks at the time that the terrorists were first identified.
It was censored in the US from all later reports.
VERY good info thank you for posting that!!:nice:

Well I have been to Iraq three times for almost three years total. I have been to afganastain (bad spelling) for almost a year. I love being there, So if Iran want to build nuke for fighting I'll go to stop them....... But on the other side since this started I have not heard them say they are making nukes for war.... So does everyone care. Care about the little three world country with one nuke that wants to hurt us. On this topic when the war with Iraq started I spent almost two weeks in syrian running around looking for W.M.D and we fought with a country that we never in a war with.. So don't think the people of the U.S.A really know whats going on all the time..

mustangsally93 said:
Well I have been to Iraq three times for almost three years total. I have been to afganastain (bad spelling) for almost a year. I love being there, So if Iran want to build nuke for fighting I'll go to stop them....... But on the other side since this started I have not heard them say they are making nukes for war.... So does everyone care. Care about the little three world country with one nuke that wants to hurt us. On this topic when the war with Iraq started I spent almost two weeks in syrian running around looking for W.M.D and we fought with a country that we never in a war with.. So don't think the people of the U.S.A really know whats going on all the time..
Well I get the feeling we know whats going on almost all the time, and in that I find comfort. It seems as though you didnt feel your company was successful and that is fine, but that seems in no way an indication we were clueless.

Michael Yount said:
It ain't rocket science -- they're more afraid of the repercussions of snitching on him than they are of us....exact same thing happens here with gangs and the mob. It's next to impossible to get folks to give up the guilty parties because they're intimidated.

Sure, fear of reprocussions as well as many being in cahoots.
He's a roll model for the youth over there. :rolleyes:

View attachment 490078

I don't think we're giving them enough incentive to rat him out.
The incentive isn't going to come by monitary means either, as the multi-million dollar rewards haven't done jack.

moron... ask a relative in another country or read newspapers and internet articles

TheDamned said:
The governement wants you to believe they have nuke to kill people because they want you to support them to go to war ... again. :nonono:
moron... :owned: ask a relative in another country or read newspapers and internet articles... They openly state that we can't stop them from getting nukes and that they will retalliate and can take out our military... They are the ones with the propaganda. We only need air strikes to decimate their nuclear program, and they have no power to destroy our current fighter or bomber aircraft.:flag: The answer to this entire situation is not that simple, but i have faith in the current government and our real allies.:nice:

mustangsally93 said:

liar, syria would not let us cross their borders, and saddam tested chemical weapons on the kurds, proof that there was something there. What the hell could a nuke be used for other than war. Iran wants to become the next soviet union, syaing "we have nukes, so we can do what we want", because even if they blew themselves up with a load of nukes or a neighbor, the effects would be felt worldwide.:eek: No one stops at one nuke either otherwise it's not 'assured mutual destruction', and they they won't have the world hostage... major point is that we need to push the government to act:spot: , not wait :sleep: until it's too late!

History lesson, stay with me.

First off a history lesson.

History lesson 1.
Islam is NOT a religion of peace. The goal of Islam is to make apparent its domination above all religions. It is the worlds fastest growing religion.

Shaikh Abdurrahman Abdul-Khaliq on Islamweb "The fourth reason for sending Prophet Mohammad is to establish Islam as the dominant religion above all, till the Day of Judgment. Allah said, what translated means: "He it is Who has sent His Messenger (Mohammad) with Guidance and the Religion of Truth (Islam), that He may establish (make) it (Islam) superior over all religions. And All-Sufficient is Allah as a Witness." [48:28] Also, "It is He Who has sent His Messenger with Guidance and the Religion of Truth to establish (make) it superior over all religions even though the Polytheists hate (it)." [9:33] "

In Historical times this was accomplished militarily.In 711 AD, the Muslim invasion finally reached Spain, having swept up out of the Saudi Arabian peninsula, conquered Egypt, Libya, Tunisia and North Africa to the Gibraltar Strait.

Launching a ferocious assault across the narrow strait, the Muslims defeated the Gothic kingdom in stages and managed to establish what became known as Moorish rule over the greatest part of Spain and Portugal, with only the very northern parts remaining in Gothic hands.

Today it is accomplished by the use of terrorism and force(militant gangs) and by immigrating to western countries.

MUHAMMAD:
Told his followers to aggressively make war on non-Muslims: 9:5, 29. Sura 9 was one of the last Suras given by Muhammad. Initially, when Muhammad's group was weak, he ordered his followers to try to get along with other people. After the Muslims became powerful, he ordered them to spread Islam by force.
Sura 9:5;
“Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islâmic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikûn wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salât (Iqâmat-as-Salât), and give Zakât, then leave their way free. Verily, Allâh is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful”
Sura 9:29;
“Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allâh, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allâh and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islâm) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.
Sura 4:47;
O you who have been given the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Believe in what We have revealed (to Muhammad SAW) confirming what is (already) with you, before We efface faces (by making them like the back of necks; without nose, mouth, eyes, etc.) and turn them hindwards, or curse them as We cursed the Sabbath ¬breakers. And the Commandment of Allâh is always executed.”

History lesson 2.
Islam is not a 21st century religion. A society based on religious values and law, is not compatible with western ideals such as freedom of religion, freedom of speech and womens rights. Speaking of Islam in a negative light, attempting to convert someone from Islam can get you the death penalty in a Muslim country.

History lesson 3.
After WWII the Palestine territories (formerly governed by the British) were broken into 2 parts. A Jewish part that became Israel and a Arab part that became the nation of Jordan. The jews agreed to this, to the Arabs it was unaceptable. The wanted all all of it. Some left, some stayed behind. The fact is there is no unique Palestinian culture, language or religion that differentiates itself from any other arab country, be it Syria, Jordan or whatnot.

History lesson 4.
Israel is the birthplace of christianity. It has great importance to jews, christians and muslims. That little piece of land has great importance to the world. It must remain open to the world, not just muslims.

History lesson 5.
Keeping in mind everything you have learned so far. Democracy in an Islamic country is in no way shape or form the same as it is here in the US. We "freed" Afghanistan. Ok. They wanted to execute a man for converting from Islam. Hello 5th century!!

If dictators in countries such as Libya, Syria, and leaders such as Mubarak of Egypt and the Saudi royal family were to fall from power the entire region would become Islamic theocracies similar to Iran. :(

Look at the populations of these places. Poor, uneducated with little or no hope for the future. How can we expect them to turn into a mini USA's with democracy??

Terrorist have no fear of death as they think they get their 40 virgins. They will use a nuke. The fact that they have no fear of death and truly believe that their religion tells them to do this is a nightmare.

Every country with nuclear weapons knows it will be wiped off the map if it uses them. The difference is Iran is the only nation that will use it in a first strike capacity.

"Not all muslims are terrorist" but "all terrorist are muslims"

Where was the muslim outrage for 9-11? The USS Cole?? The first WTC bombings? The US Embassy bombing in Africa? The Marine barracks in Lebanon in the 80's??? We saw their outrage for some cartoons, but NO outrage for 9-11. or other terrorist attacks :nonono:

:flag: God bless America and may God save us all.

wfriedman said:
First off a history lesson.

History lesson 1.
Where was the muslim outrage for 9-11? The USS Cole?? The first WTC bombings? The US Embassy bombing in Africa? The Marine barracks in Lebanon in the 80's??? We saw their outrage for some cartoons, but NO outrage for 9-11. or other terrorist attacks :nonono:

:flag: God bless America and may God save us all.

very nice, this does promote prejudice against muslims though, but anyone who practices the religion FULLY is likely plotting against you if you are not muslim...:shrug:

I am not trying to promote prejudice, But if it looks like a duck and quacks, it's probably a duck.

Religion has been at the heart of most conflicts in history. Yes the Christians had the Crusades and the Spanish inquisition. The IRA and it's conflict in England.

Christians were fed to the lions in the Roman Empire.:(

Granted these events are ancient history. Nowadays you don't have Catholics bombing Baptist, or killing those who leave a religion.

But, read the paper and the internet, Look at what happens in Africa, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Indonesia. Seems Non-Muslims are getting targeted, raped and or killed. Remember Kosovo?? Serbs vs Muslims!!!

The whole Darfour region in Sudan. It's Africa so the USA will stay out of that one. Rebels fighting the Sudanese Governement because they believe preferential treatment is given to Muslims. SO you have Arab rebel groups, non-arab rebel groups, the government and a few million refugees.

On a different note.....

Here is a link to Osama's 1998 statement to the world.

World Islamic Front Statement

That's some sick stuff.

Afghanistan and Iraq were only two stepping stones. This stuff is gonna get worse before it gets better.

I was agreeing that while some partial practicing muslims can be decent humans. I feel bad for those who are truly innocent and love America, but we didn't write their scriptures, so it is not our fault they are being descriminated against. Those who want to make others muslim by force (fully practicing) are a danger to society and must be captured and eliminated. They are more dangerous to our way of life than any other types of criminals, comparable to hitler in that they want to kill those who disagree religiously. Other religions allow others to live the way that they want, in the belief that they are correct and will be saved, so spreading their religion would be saving others, so the idea of killing non-believers is crazy. But the point is that Iran is full of these radical muslims and The government is controlled by people with the same sentiments for the USA. This makes Iran dangerous, And if allowed to obtain Nukes, A threat to the world, therefore they must be stopped. Air-strikes are the safest way to do so, but i think if we have no allready infiltrated them with special forces we will need to do so also to ensure a complete breakdown of their nuclear programs.