IRCM "Black box"

wuzfast

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2000
I've got a fuel pump relay problem. Some times in the morning I have to whack on the black box on the pass side fender to get the fuel pump to wake up. Today I took it off and opened it up and it looks like the relays are sealed and soldered to the ckt. board inside. I'm thinking I will have to replace the whole box to get the correct type relay. Anybody know how much those things cost and are they even available at NAPA or some place like that? :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

wuzfast said:
I've got a fuel pump relay problem. Some times in the morning I have to whack on the black box on the pass side fender to get the fuel pump to wake up. Today I took it off and opened it up and it looks like the relays are sealed and soldered to the ckt. board inside. I'm thinking I will have to replace the whole box to get the correct type relay. Anybody know how much those things cost and are they even available at NAPA or some place like that? :bang:

Mine is screwed up too. My 2.3 is in my 91 Coupe so you could use one from 91 up. I think they used them in all dual plug 2.3's but I am just guessing. I had to use a zip tie to hold the wiring to keep it running.