IRS poll

What would you prefer to buy a mustang with?

• I.R.S.

Votes: 85 53.5%
  • Solid Rear Axle

Votes: 74 46.5%

• Total voters
SVTdriver said:
From MotorTrend.
Providing the all-important bang in place of those oldie-but-goodie 351s and 428s is a unique version of Ford's 32-valve cast-iron block/aluminum-head 4.6L DOHC V-8. This is the same one used in the 390-hp Cobra,
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0212_mustang/index1.html
No whether it is right or wrong is up for debate. But these were the specs I found.

M/T is wrong, the Mach 1 engine uses an alumimum block as did the 99-01 Cobra. The Mach 1 engine is pretty much the same as the 99-01 Cobra engine except for different cams. Having brain fade right now, I know only 2 of the 4 cams are different but can't remember if it was the intake or the exhaust cams that changed.

If you want confirmation, got to the Mach 1 registry web-site. They will be able to fill you in on all the details there.

• Sponsors (?)

My personal GT Rollercoaster

I'm very happy with the solid axle on my 05 GT. It's so cool when I cut a corner fast and zip the rear end straight with the steering wheel after the turn. The GT will push you around in the seat during and after a fast turn :crazy: and make you feel like you're on a fast rollercoaster..... The best thing is no long lines to stand in for the ride.....Yeah Baby.... Lovin it.