Is +10psi Fuel Pressure A Lot? (removed Fpr Vacuum)

98Mustang2017

May 3, 2017
ct
I noticed when i disconnect the vacuum line to the Fuel Pressure Regulator the fuel pressure goes up 10psi and i was wondering if it is a good enough amount for running 4 or 5 psi of boost. Or is 3psi better with 19lb fuel injectors?
The car does smoke grey when doing so i know it makes a difference but i dont know how much.
If i disconnect(not remove) the front o2 sensors it should inject more fuel volume, right? Does it max out the duty cycle? im not sure if that is unhealthy or not for the car.

• Sponsors (?)

Step away from the car.... :)

A few things here. Yes the car should raise the fp 10psi or so when you disconnect the vac line. HOWEVER, DO NOT RUN IT LIKE THIS ESPECIALLY WITH A BLOWER. The vac line raises/lowers fuel pressure based upon manifold pressure (up to 0hg). It will help regulate a fuel system accordingly. the more vac the less fuel pressure (as the more throttle is applied the less vac you have, of course boost comes into play here as well). This is why at idle you see the fp lower roughly 10psi. It will raise back up if you blip the throttle and lower the vac pull on it.

Ok, I'll quit yelling (maybe). If you have a blower you need to do a few things. 1: run MUCH larger than a 19lb injector. 2: upgrade your fuel pump and/or add a kenne belle boost a pump (both is my suggestion), 3: Do not disconnect the front o2's and run that way. That will put the car into the set tables and it will not adjust the fuel trims or even try.

You need to upgrade the fuel system and get a proper tune.

If the car is smoking grey already you may have already hurt a few things.

What type of a blower setup are you running? What year/trans is the car? Have you ever had a forced induction car before?

I probably didn't use proper terms explaining half of this but you are going to severely hurt your car if you have not already if you continue down this path.

Reactions: 1 user