is 68 s-code fastback worth $7k?

dennisgibson

Jul 21, 2005
I found a car that's been sitting for 20 years that is for sale. It's got 87k miles on it. It needs to be restored. The owner says it runs but I'd definitely rebuild the engine. It's a 390 GT, 4 speed, standard interior, highland green, 3.25 rear. It definitely needs the interior done over (i have pics to show that). It also needs slight body work. The floors need patching and the cowl needs fixing/replacing. I'm figuring about $15k on top of the purchase price would make this a really nice "bullitt" car.

I've read a lot recently about how the 390, 4 speed, highland green fastbacks are getting expensive. Do you think I'd be better off looking for one that someone has already put money into or should I pick up this one and restore it over the next few (2-4) years?

here are some photos...

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder.tcl?folder_id=513260
Thanks,

Dennis

• Sponsors (?)

What a great find. From the look of those photos, that car is worth 7k without even a second thought. S code fastback cars are now selling in the high 20's to low 30's+ around here when nicely done.

yes get it now but does it have the org motor or does it have any rust on the frame rail or torque boxes. but if it does have the org motor and does not have any rust in those places it is a good buy