is a 1995 302 motor the same as the mustang fox 302?

bamajason

Jan 25, 2010
alabama
a friend of my dad has a 302 bored .040 over. its a roller block but has a bad piston in it. he said it only needs the piston replaced and resurface the cylinder. its an long block and he said i can get it off him for 150. any info on this would be thankful.

sorry guys it came out of a truck f150. sorry about that.

• Sponsors (?)

5.0 engines are a dime a dozen in junkyards.
If you really want or need a new engine and you are on a budget, get one from an explorer. Explorer engines give you a gt40 explorer intake, and gt40 iron or gt40p heads (depending on year).

If he were to give you that engine for free, there would be no point in taking it. If it has to goto a machine shop, expect to pay way more than it's worth to be fixed.

Keep in mind pretty much no matter what you get a 302 out of, other than a foxbody mustang you are going to need to swap the accessories over.

any mods to the motor or is it bone stocker???? if stock then go with something else. $150 would be alright for a good block but something bored and in need of repair could cost you more work and money than you would want. I agree with the above. go to a yard and find something worth spending money on.

any mods to the motor or is it bone stocker???? if stock then go with something else. $150 would be alright for a good block but something bored and in need of repair could cost you more work and money than you would want. I agree with the above. go to a yard and find something worth spending money on.

the only mods to the motor is forge pistons which one needs replacing.
i just wasn't sure about the deal. i was just looking for a block to build me a motor. i really didnt want to take mine out and build it and not get to drive it this summer. i check arounf the junk yards and see what i can find.

thanks everyone!

i have a 88 lx i just purchased a set of gt40 heads trick flow upper and lower intake mass air conversion kit from fiveology racing i was wondering if anyone could help me on a cam decision and if all this will flow good together