Is A T-56 From A Terminator Worth Swapping?

92Apocalypso

Mar 7, 2017
I am finding conflicting information regarding this swap..... but I was curious if a T-56 from a 03/04 cobra is worth doing. I've heard people say they are notchy, and I am not sure if I can really afford a brand new T-56 magnum. I found one with 40K miles on it apparently, with a pro 5.0 shifter installed, and the guys wants 2K, i'm sure I can get it for less. Also has an aluminum driveshaft, and I'm curious if any of that will bolt up to my factory stuff now. I know I would need a different transmission crossmember for sure. Anything else? Or do I just order a TKO500 and call it a day? at most, I am going to put a trick flow topend kit on the car, and thats about it. Coyote swap in 5 years or so when the kids are in school and I no longer have this daycare bill......any info would be appreciated. Thank you!

• Sponsors (?)

If I could afford it, I would do it. It is definitely on my lottery wish list. Assuming windsor/fox nothing is gonna match up but there are kits out there to remedy that.

The t56 is a good strong trans but you want the .50 sixth gear ratio. The supporting stuff makes it really expensive to swap. Without lower than .62 its not really worth it. Plus, t56 transmissions eat more power than the t5z or even the TKO.

I'm still going with a t56 in the next year or so.... I will need the lower overdrive and the ability to handle what my car will put out.

Reactions: 1 user