Fox Is Anyone Running A C6 With 8.8 Rear End On The Street

opcfan

Sep 28, 2015
I have a four eye fox and am considering running a c6 with an 8.8 but the driveshaft alignment is not good. Has anyone run this combination successfully on the street. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Alignment which way ? Side to side ? Pinion angle ?

Maybe you don't have the right trans crossmember ?

Maybe you need adjustable upper arms to correct the pinion angle ?

Maybe I'm an idioooo..... never mind . LOL

It was in the car when I got it with fresh performance rebuild?
It's 200 lbs heavy, internally inefficient, and only 3 speeds.
All things equal, in a drag car, a c4 or glide equipped version with nothing else will kill you.
All things equal, in a street car, an AOD, or adapted 4R70w will NOT drive you batsht crazy with high RPMs on the highway.

A C6 used to be the choice for a high performance build in the old days. Now days however, it's just a heavy assed, power robbing pig of a transmission. If fast is what you want, and have a buttload of power, serious effort racers have went away from a Ford trans altogether,..opting for a 2speed Powerglide, or an adapted Turbo400 GM trans. C-4's can be built to withstand pretty decent power levels, without the weight and internal drag that comes with a C6.

For a street car, running any rear gear over 3.25, a 3 speed transmission is just a giant pain in the ass. Even short trips expose you and the engine to continuous 3500 rpm or higher, just to even be able to drive on the interstate to get somewhere...

You can make it fit, you'll have to fab a mount, beat the hell out of the tunnel ( or even have to cut it and make a relief) and then have to have a driveshaft shortened..

:nono: