is anything wrong with tune or is it my car ???

Jimmer009

Jan 4, 2022
Ny
hi all, I have a 91 gt. I have speed master aluminum 190cc heads, x303 cam msd 6al and a blaster coil, 75mm throttle body and 42# injectors. I just put new plugs autolite 25's in. new intake and exhaust gaskets. I had a skip which was cylinder 4 injector not plugged in oooppppssss. but it is now. the car still hesitates and every time around 4000 rpm it skips then keeps climbing.

I have megasquirt 2 v3.57 ill post a log here of me idling and holding the rpms at just under 2000. does anything seem bad???

also any tips on setting up me7 logger??? I have a hard time making changes to my tune after reviewing the logs.

thank you every one for any help

Attachments

• 12skipafew678.msq
    119.4 KB · Views: 16
  • log14.mlg
    251.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Sponsors (?)

The skip is biggest issue. I'm thinking it's hardware related. The misfire at 4000 rpm has been there awhile. I'm thinking that is software related. Idk. The cam and heads are little big and I'm lower on vacuum than I hoped.

I'll get the new plugs. But any chance when the msd box goes from 2 sparks to 1 at higher rpm it's throwing off the tfi???

Ok. Thanks. I just got the 3924 plugs. I won't get them in till tonight but. There way different than the 24's. I'm betting that is my issue. Witch thanks for that help. And sorry for the dumb question on the tfi. I have tryed researching it and didn't get very much info.

So the new plugs did the trick. Amazing what the part will do. I still got a skip at 4000. But I found I'm leaking oil out of the back it. So I'll get that get new gaskets. But I'm leaning towards that might be in my distributor. Its probably the stock one and just ready to be changed.

I didn't want to start a new thread. But I simply do not understanding how to adjust the ve table. And by not understanding I guess I mean scared lol.

I used the wizard to generate a table and it was horrible. But now I'm back on the stock table. And it runs but I feel like it's not where it should be.

So first question when going to change this should I turn off the setting that uses the 14.7 in help of ve table??? I've heard this makes more of a fuel table.

My second question is should I keep the table "spacing" as is and just add +/- as a whole and see what I'd does. Or should I break it up by rpms and load like I did the timing???

like I say I'm just scared. I don't understand it fully. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

So I increased the ve table across the board and it helped a ton. The car runs great now. It needs a little tweaking but I'm on the right track.

So my question is when adjusting it should I pick out 3 sections??? Like up to 3k then 3-4500k then 45-6500k.

Also what would I look for in a log to determine if I should increase or lower it??

I plan to take to take it to a Dyno. But I want to do most of this myself. My buddy that has a Dyno said he'd do it for cheap so I don't want to spend a ton of time on it.