Is it just me...

fear38.png

• Sponsors (?)

Can't say that many drivers compete with me but then I give them no reason to, but I know of what you speak about some speeding up when you're passing.
We have a lot of ricers here to with the dippy looking tin spoilers, fancy wheels and those awful chain saw mufflers and of course the thump-thumping woofers.
$100. fine if you can hear the sound system with the windows up but it doesn't do much good.

SC Troopers have mostly Crown Vics but also have Mustangs & Camaros and saw one in a new Chevy. City cops have vics, a small Dodge SUV and black unmarked Chevy. Sheriff has crown vics, camaro and other unmarked cars. Our DNR, Dept of Natural Resources, wildlife dept, has unmarked vehicles and they will stop a speeding car in a heart beat.

I think they get the high performance cars from drug dealers who get busted in SC and their cars, boats, condos, houses, airplanes, etc. confinscated. Near the GA line in coastal SC and we have the most John law here I have ever seen anywhere. You go around Hilton Head, Bluffton & Beaufort you darn well better watch your speed because there are so many cops in so many unmarked & marked vehicles you can't count them.

I have a buddy that had a 'Vette and got caught doing 47 in a 35 mile zone and judge fined him $200. He said heck with it because he'd got three speeding tickets and the cops always put the eye on RED 'Vettes so he traded it for a black Chevy sedan.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]I've got a law enforcement calendar that shows a bunch of cars used by different dept.s in the state. Boynton Beach has an '03-'04 Cobra, Broward County has 2 Mach I's, and FHP has the Steeda.[/QUOTE]

Oh man, :drool: I'd make sure I'd get arrested on purpose, so I could ride in those stangs.