Is it stupid to do this...Unpainted body parts??

Is it ok to put on an unpainted hood

• Its fine since your going to repaint the car next yr anyway

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • loooks to tacky and stupid having a red car w/ a white hood

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Its your car who cares what a bunch of crack heads like us think

Votes: 18 36.0%
  • whats my name again??

Votes: 3 6.0%

• Total voters

Venom351R

Founding Member
Apr 27, 2002
MAINE
Heres the deal, I want a Cobra R SVO hood but if I buy it now it wont be painted until next spring ( keep in mind the car goes up for storage in the late fall ) b/c I want to get the whole car repainted next yr in a diffrent color. So pretty much I would have the car the rest of this summer/fall w/ an unpainted hood b/c I dont want to pay to have it painted Red now when the plan is to repaint the whole car a diffrent color. I know I can wait until I go to get the car painted before I buy it but between painting the car, new rims/tires and new bumper Id like to get some of the cost out of the way now so I dont have as much to pay for next spring. So is it ok to run around w/ it like that for the next few months or is it just to tacky??

• Sponsors (?)

Just fasten it old school with 6 or 8 hoodpins down the sides. It will look so bad ass that nobody will question its unpainted state. Plus whenever you wrench on your car you can have the hood totally out of the way.

Black95GTS said:
Just fasten it old school with 6 or 8 hoodpins down the sides. It will look so bad ass that nobody will question its unpainted state. Plus whenever you wrench on your car you can have the hood totally out of the way.

wow you guys are right full of good Ideas today :D

I think I'll put it on at the end of the summer, I just dont want to have to pay for a hood, bumper, painting the car, rims & tires all next spring, Id like to save some cost now and get some of the things bought or paid for now.

wytstang said:
Can't you just store it in the garage until ready to paint? If not who cares you know what the finishing outcome will be.

Yeah right have parts for the car and not put them on and just leave them sitting there...... I think not :D I did enough of that this spring, when I get something now I want it on :D A hood is so easy to swap I dont think I could just leave it in the garage, Id have to put it on.

Striped5.0 said:
Yeah right have parts for the car and not put them on and just leave them sitting there...... I think not :D I did enough of that this spring, when I get something now I want it on :D A hood is so easy to swap I dont think I could just leave it in the garage, Id have to put it on.
I know the feeling. When I order something I start collecting tools and what not and just wait for the Big Brown Truck in my front lawn like a lost puppy
sadpanda.gif

man, when i got my hood my dad wanted me to spray paint it and stuff "just too see how it looks". i was like "dad, itll make me look like a ricer, only they do that ****." i say put it on. who cares? i had mine on for about 3 weeks before it got painted.

go.rei GT said:
I don't think it'll look too bad since you have some white accents on your car already.

thats true as well, might not look to bad then. No way that Im going to pay to have it painted now and then have it repainted in the spring, and its to hard to leave it laying around all fall/winter w/ out it on the car.