is it worth it? Powerdyne supercharger

hey guys......

i have a chance of picking up a bd-10 powerdyne blower for 500 bux....all it needs is the mounting bracket (which i already found on ebay), discharge tube from tb to blower and crank pulley.....what do you guys think? the seller says the blower is good to go....ive heard all i need to do is put a new belt on and its all good. i know these units are only good for like 6 psi, but thats what i was planning to run anyways, taking in consideration the limits of the block...what do you guys think? is it worth it? ohh what power would you guys think ill be making with say 5 or 6 psi with my current mods(with the exception of the nitrous)and would it be safe on the stock block?

here are my power and supporting mods:

tfs heads
eddy rpm intake
custom cam
Longtubes
o/r x pipe
borla catback
u/d pullies
24lbers( iwould have to upgrade obviously)
255lph intank

OOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

should i just pass on this deal and just have fun with the nitrous at the track and stay N/A for now till i have the money to buy a better block and throw on a vortech, procharger or novi and make 10+ psi?

• Sponsors (?)

I know what ad you're talking about

I saw the same ad for that supercharger too. I was considering it, but I figured now's not the time for me. I think your stock block should handle the extra 85-100 rwhp you'll be getting out of 6psi of boost. That puts you roughly at 410-420 rwhp. I say go for it!

i'm not a fan of powerdyne. too many horror stories. i wouldn't be concerned about the block with that puny thing either. price isn't bad but you can get a used full kit vortech for only a grand more and thats a tried and true proven successful blower.

I know a Powerdyne is one step above an electric supercharger, but they are nowhere near as bad as people make them out to be. You can actually build them up to about 12psi with right parts. I would say go for it.

Kurt