Is mine supposed to be this tight?

Busted07

I need my gorilla to be about an inch longer.
Nov 15, 2005
my clutch cable you preverts...

It took me a C-Clamp to get my damn clutch cable onto my clutch fork last night. The clutch fork now sits about in the middle of the opening on the side of the bellhousing.. is it supposed to be this tight?

Its a stock resurfaced flywheel, and a super king cobra clutch, new t/o bearing, and a heavy duty clutch fork.

i thought (from memory 4 years ago) i could take it on and pull it off by hand. is it supposed to be this damn tight? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

my clutch cable you preverts...

It took me a C-Clamp to get my damn clutch cable onto my clutch fork last night. The clutch fork now sits about in the middle of the opening on the side of the bellhousing.. is it supposed to be this tight?

Its a stock resurfaced flywheel, and a super king cobra clutch, new t/o bearing, and a heavy duty clutch fork.

i thought (from memory 4 years ago) i could take it on and pull it off by hand. is it supposed to be this damn tight? :shrug:

did you install a new cable? more than likely the old ne was worn out and had slack in it. but yea there supposed to be pretty tight. thats why they hacve a quadrant to ease the pedel pressure.

did you install a new cable? more than likely the old ne was worn out and had slack in it. but yea there supposed to be pretty tight. thats why they hacve a quadrant to ease the pedel pressure.

Its the stock cable, i just need it to get me by till i get the whole setup from MM. I got in the car and the clutch feels stiff, but not like its binding.

Man im making alot of threads today :eek:

Its the stock cable, i just need it to get me by till i get the whole setup from MM. I got in the car and the clutch feels stiff, but not like its binding.

Man im making alot of threads today :eek:

stock quadrant to? how does the pedal feel? and your old setups pressure plate was probably shot too. you got to realize the KC has alot better pressure plate. and its new so there is gonna be alot of resistance

stock quadrant to? how does the pedal feel? and your old setups pressure plate was probably shot too. you got to realize the KC has alot better pressure plate. and its new so there is gonna be alot of resistance

Stock quadrant too. i didnt think about the pressure plate being stiffer... man, it must be alot stiffer than the stocker.

there are CT's just dying to be made out of this thread... hopefully ragtop and tim dont stop by :)

Stock quadrant too. i didnt think about the pressure plate being stiffer... man, it must be alot stiffer than the stocker.

there are CT's just dying to be made out of this thread... hopefully ragtop and tim dont stop by :)

what happened to your old CT's? and hell yea its alot stiffer than a worn out stock pressure plate.

what happened to your old CT's? and hell yea its alot stiffer than a worn out stock pressure plate.

My stock one was replaced at about 80k, i bought a stock ford replacement, and took that one out at 124k, so it was probably pretty worn.

My old CT got erased when i screwed up with the damn lug nut thread.