Is my car destroyed?

Hey there, been under a rock for a while but I'm back with a large problem. My radiator hose popped off on the highway and when I went to pull over the car shut off. Fixed the hose, put some coolant/water on there and off I went but the situation begs the question: have I ****ed my car for good or did the car shut itself off to prevent me from destroying it?

• Sponsors (?)

Hmm popped off huh? and ur car shut off? Check if you need a new thermostat, usually the car will overheat and begin to smoke off burned collent not just shut off. Depends on how long u drove it that way. But should be fine when i cracked my intake man. i drove it all the way home before fixing it and eventually it was fine after i cleaned upp all the fluid off the engine and replaced the man..

Well, here's the full deal. The hose popped off unbeknownst to me. I'm cruising down the road when I check my mirror and see that I'm pretty much fumigating the highway. I drop into neutral, and start to slow down and the car shuts off. Pull over and there we are with the hose off and coolant all over my passenger side front wheel well. Made for a fun day.

You probably just flooded out the coils. The same thing happens when you wash the engine. The sparkplug holes fill with water and don't allow a spark. Say that happened in 3 cylinders or so after dropping into neutral. The engine would have a hard time regaining idle and die. Just fine. Look out for leaks around the heads. Make sure you didn't crack one. You don't seem to have run it long w/o coolant, so you should be just fine as long as the engine didn't get too hot.
BTW On my 89 merc I lost a head gasket on the road and needed to get to work so I drove 45 miles w/o coolant. The engine died on me just as I was pulling in the parking lot. The hood was hot enough to boil spit when I spat on it. Came out after work, and it fired up just fine. Towed it home planed the head and put in a new gasket. Runs better than ever now.
(Also BTW, I paid 295 for the car, work was more important than it)