Is my suspension suppose to be this harsh?

slayerripkdc

15 Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
brewster ny
I am running H&R ss springs without isos and Tokico blues. Any bump, rock or nick in the road I can feel! It hits the bumps so hard and feels way too stiff. Almost feels like I am hurting the car driving it on these horrible NY roads. Is this combo suppose to have such a harsh ride?

• Sponsors (?)

I've got bilsteins on those springs with no front isos and it might be harsher than stock but its not enough to rattle my teeth or anything. I guess if I do feel every little bump I'm just not bothered by it or something.

I have H&R race springs, no iso's, and Koni yellow sa's and don't find it much harsher than stock. Wheel diameter can contribute to harshness due to the sidewall getting shorter with bigger wheels.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I still question the Tokico blues. My car is a LOT harsher now than when stock (I have Bullitt springs and Tokico blues). My granddad has two Mach 1s, which have the same spring rate springs, and Tokico shocks (not blues), and they don't ride anything like my car. He put the Eibach Pro-Kit on one of them, and it rides better than it did on the stock springs.

I am willing to bet it is to much spring rate for the blues. When I ordered my bilsteins I used the cart MM has to match up what springs with what dampers. I hope when I get it all together it doesn't ride like chit. Got a lot of cash in this setup $$$$.

FYI, Fox shocks/struts are a better option for lowered new edge Mustang's. They are shorter than new edge shocks/struts which compensate better for cars 99-04's that are significantly lowered.

I have the H&R SS springs, MM Caster/Camber kit and Tokico blues and mine rides pretty heavy too. I also am running a 35 tire which doesn't help the ride. I only drive my car on the weekend since I bought my truck so it's not that bad. When I was daily driving it was aggravating.

The sub frames take a ton of flex out so the ride would be stiffer just from adding those..also shock bar? do you mean strut tower brace? And strut bar ? Are you referring to the same thing? When i did the sway bars strut tower brace and sub frames on my camaro the thing felt like a rock riding Down the road but they make a car handle like they are on rails... Also try taking the front sway bar out Only to diagnose. When you do that you can narrow down the problem If you have stiffer springs or shock they are going to fight each other because of the sway bar. If the ride gets softer you may need get longer, or shorter end links or softer sway bar. Stiffer suspension doesn't always mean better. Doing all of those mods at once is going to be a huge night and day change.