Fox Is possible to get a driver quality fox anymore?

There’s a red 85 hatch manual for sale but they want 26k
The problem out there is that 26k asking price is probably for a 10-12k car. Don't forget that the valuations from folks like Hagerty are 26k for a perfect, untouched, 100% original car that can win shows as an original, as is. Most cars out there that are listed at an asking price of 20k plus are not 20k cars. People see a 30k, 5,000 mile foxbody sell at the big auctions and think their car is worth the same. That 5,000 mile car is a 1 out of 100 maybe (low mileage bubble car) still out there. That's where the value is. Once your car ages beyond being a bubble car, value drops - alot.

The exception to that is modified cars. The value here is not what it cost, but what someone else is willing to pay to take a chance that the mods you did were done right and still improve the cars performance/appearance.

Just my 2 cents

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

The problem out there is that 26k asking price is probably for a 10-12k car. Don't forget that the valuations from folks like Hagerty are 26k for a perfect, untouched, 100% original car that can win shows as an original, as is. Most cars out there that are listed at an asking price of 20k plus are not 20k cars. People see a 30k, 5,000 mile foxbody sell at the big auctions and think their car is worth the same. That 5,000 mile car is a 1 out of 100 maybe (low mileage bubble car) still out there. That's where the value is. Once your car ages beyond being a bubble car, value drops - alot.

The exception to that is modified cars. The value here is not what it cost, but what someone else is willing to pay to take a chance that the mods you did were done right and still improve the cars performance/appearance.

Just my 2 cents
Ironically I looked at hagerty’s valuation and I’d put it at the 10-12k mark. I almost offered 12k but decided against it because it probably wouldn’t have been received very well.

Alot.....I went to Maaco for a bid on my jeep. To do a so so paint job was $2,200. That was a clown manager that couldn't give me a real price because of the amount of sanding needed. When I first got my Mustang I took it to another body shop and the guy said four grand minimum.

I may end up selling mine.

93 LX coupe Royal Blue Opal interior. manual windows and locks. Working A/C and heat. It is VERY dirty right now, just got back from paint and they didn't do a very good job of cleaning anything so it's up to me now. 2.3T SVO engine 5 speed 3.73. Fun to drive and gets 30+ mpg. Really don't know what to ask for it since almost nobody wants a 4 cylinder of any kind. I actually like it. Bit of a sleeper. Stone reliable. Going back together, slowly, as we speak. Have other projects in the way.

I have several other vehicles and I have to get rid of one. Or two.

Whats a decent paint job cost nowadays??
Just the primer, color and clear in 2005 was $1600 for my dodge..

Attachments

• DSCF0376.JPG
    DSCF0376.JPG
    583.5 KB · Views: 48

Just my 2 cents
Depends on how deep your wallet is and how bad you want a car. Most people would say I'm crazy for what I paid for mine. Which I probably did overpay.

However, I did get an agreed value from Grundy insurance for 35k. Mine isn't super low miles. 1 owner, 27k miles.

Thats the one....Every other week there is one like that for about the same price. Sucks if I want to sell mine
Ok nice to hear that’s the correct one. Nice car for sure and at a great price! Wish I were in FL. I would be so damn tempted to grab another one!
All we have here in NY are mostly rust boxes and for double that asking price.

Depends on how deep your wallet is and how bad you want a car. Most people would say I'm crazy for what I paid for mine. Which I probably did overpay.

However, I did get an agreed value from Grundy insurance for 35k. Mine isn't super low miles. 1 owner, 27k miles.
If you have the blue one your ok. I would spend for that. The only problem is you cant scratch it