Is the 94/5 Cobra MAF the same as the GT?

• Sponsors (?)

The Cobra maf is larger than the stock maf; it's a popular upgrade because it's calibrated for the stock HO 19# injectors so it can be bolted right into the HO. On the Cobra, the 24# injector calibration is done in the ecu, not with the maf re-calibration.

Michael Yount said:
The Cobra maf is larger than the stock maf; it's a popular upgrade because it's calibrated for the stock HO 19# injectors so it can be bolted right into the HO. On the Cobra, the 24# injector calibration is done in the ecu, not with the maf re-calibration.

I believe the Mass Air Sensors are exactly the same. The calibration is done by the ecu. That's the understanding I had. So if you purchase a cobra computer don't up grade the mass air, just the injectors. If you upgrade the mass air to a 76 mm then it will probably run wrong with a cobra computer. Tossed my cobra computer and put the gt one back in and found 15 hp!!!

ok, this is all off the top o' my head so no quoting me please.

88-93 maf was 55mm
93cobra was 70mm
94-95 gt and cobra were 70mm

now, regardless of size i'm quite certain they have different calibrations. i've heard of people swapping them around but it sounds like risky business to me.

hope that helps, and again it is just from memory

-steve

They DO NOT have different calibrations - all are calibrated for 19# injectors -- stock HO mafs and Cobra mafs. They can be used interchangably between Cobra motors (with the Cobra computer and 24# injectors) and HO motors (with the HO computer and 19# injectors or with larger injectors and a chip to tell the ecu the injector size). The Cobra maf is bigger diameter (flow area) than the stock maf. They are a sought after budget upgrade for an HO motor/HO computer using 19# injectors.