Is the foxbody used part market dead?

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
Is it just me, or is the foxbody used parts market dying? I remember the day when I would list decent used parts at decent prices and they would be sold in a day. It seems now I list decent used parts at what I feel is decent prices and it just sits, and sits, and they never sell. I think places like LMR selling repro parts for cheap have something to do with it. I don't blame them, and I admit I buy stuff from them, but repro parts are almost never as good as the factory stuff. Maybe it's just as our cars get older, their allure is fading to the younger generation.

• Sponsors (?)

I've noticed it as well, the classifieds on sites like this and corral used to be a hot bed for buying and selling.
I don't do Facebook but wonder if there's more action buying/selling using that media.

Reactions: 1 user
I have better luck on sites like EBay than classifieds or FB. On FB people just want to talk or complain, or ask about something completely different they see in a picture. On a site like EBay, they bid or don’t bid. Of course you get dumb messages from the same idiots asking if they can have it for half the listing price, but things at least seem to sell.

I check Craigslist every day , and all there ever is exhaust systems. Some guy had P heads and they were gone in a day for 400.00. Im looking for some decent aluminum heads to rebuild . I never see parts . I check Florida CL statewide.

Facebook market place destroyed craigslist, which isnt surprising. I hate Facebook, but posting adds and communication between buyer and seller is much easier on FB than craigslist.

Reactions: 1 user
Forum sales are dead. FB sales are active but nobody on FB actually has money and you get the bros who talk :poo: about your part/price yet have no intention of buying.

I’ve had great luck selling on eBay and getting decent money. Just can’t ship a lot of items that I’d like to sell. eBay/PayPal fees are getting rediculous though.

Maybe I’m one of the few here, but I’ve had dozens of transactions buying and selling mustang parts in fb. Really only had one issue with a part not being as described, which I was refunded for. The immediate response (mostly) is really what makes it a good platform to b/s/t on.

As much ad I love this site, I always have had much better luck with the classifieds on corral. Now that forum is dead. I think it is partly due to that canadian company that took it over and the absolute dick that lurkes over there waiting to pounce on anyone with a question to show how intellectually superior he is to everyone.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I agree, Facebook has taken over.....almost everything. Skype is glitchy and poor quality across the pond. Facebook video chat works perfect every time.

I stopped doing ebay. I have thrown away so much valuable stuff. By the time ebay gets their money, paypal gets their money, and the post man gets their money, I end up doing all that work for $3. Ebay is a flea market in China now.

Kurt

As much ad I love this site, I always have had much better luck with the classifieds on corral. Now that forum is dead. I think it is partly due to that canadian company that took it over and the absolute dick that lurkes over there waiting to pounce on anyone with a question to show how intellectually superior he is to everyone.

Corral is a dying forum. And yet I wonder posters like Jack Hidley, Ed Curtis and Woody are regulars there?

And yeah...I wish a mod would wake up and brake check the one guy that makes newcomers regret ever posting there. He’s driving away whatever new blood does show up

Well, I'm not commenting on anyone on this board, but I really do feel the guy on the corral is the #1 reason no one goes there anymore to ask a question. He is in a league all his own of dickness.....