Mach 1 Is there a Bra for Machs?

Jinx

I like cats, cats like me. Cats and I fully agree.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 2, 2003
Cat Country
As some of you may be aware, it's bug season down south, and I need a full front end cover I can put on a Mach1. I don't feel like washing the car everyday because of these damn love-bugs, so I decided to live with the uglyness of a front cover for 2 weeks out of the year. I know LeBra and Wolf make them for the GTs and v-6s, but has anyone seen one to fit the Machs?? If so where can I pick one up? I just don't know if the GT cover is able to fit a Mach front end because of the chin. Will I have to remove the spoiler to get it on?? what a PITA :mad:

I didn't see this section earlier, sorry for posting twice in the forums.

TIA
Rob

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the info, but I know a GT cover will fit a Mach that does not have the front spoiler. It is the spoiler that is causing the issue. I'm just wondering if there is a trick to getting a GT bra to work properly on a Mach, or is there one made specifically for it?

As some of you may be aware, it's bug season down south, and I need a full front end cover I can put on a Mach1. I don't feel like washing the car everyday because of these damn love-bugs, so I decided to live with the uglyness of a front cover for 2 weeks out of the year. I know LeBra and Wolf make them for the GTs and v-6s, but has anyone seen one to fit the Machs?? If so where can I pick one up? I just don't know if the GT cover is able to fit a Mach front end because of the chin. Will I have to remove the spoiler to get it on?? what a PITA :mad:

I didn't see this section earlier, sorry for posting twice in the forums.

TIA
Rob

I know there is one that will fit a Mach 1's front end because my Mach 1 had one when I got it. I didn't like it so I sold it on eBay. I really don't remember that much about it now but I do know that they do exist.

I saw one on americanmuscle.com . Looked like a nice one. $99. I saw a couple others on other sites, but it says right in the write-up that it does not have an opening for the license plate. Probably beware of that.

I saw one on americanmuscle.com . Looked like a nice one. $99. I saw a couple others on other sites, but it says right in the write-up that it does not have an opening for the license plate. Probably beware of that.

Thanks, I will look into that when I get the chance. :nice: Florida does not require plates on the front of vehicles, so it does not need that opening in the front :D I'll let you know if I find one.

Well I've done some research with my buddy Google. Here's what I'm finding out.

Bras for GTs are plenitiful (I have a GT with a Mach chin) and it will fit, if I remove the chin. :nono:

Bras for Machs are rumored to exist and will fit, sort of. Apparently there is a difference in hood design between the two models.

So here are my options.
1.) Buy a GT bra and modify it to fit by creating extension straps to slip between the chin and the bumper so it fits snug.
2.) Buy one for the Mach (if it can be found) and live with the fact that the hood portion of the cover will not fit properly.

:shrug: