Fox Is This 3g Wiring Correct?

Mstng93SSP

You have a nice rear end there Dave.
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Mililani, Hawaii
My car came wired with a 3g alternator. It works fine, but is this the correct wiring? (I did not do this, just making sure it's correct) The D plug has two wires coming into it, a yellow with white stripe and a green with red stripe. The white with (I think) black stripe comes out of the D plug and goes to the small white connector. So, there are only two wires coming into the D and one going out. The stud had only the large red cable which is fused and goes to the starter terminal. The black orange wires are not used.Is this correct? See pictures for reference.

20170614_125725_zps0q01scv9.jpg

20170614_125746_zpsuurmqmgi.jpg

Thanks. I just am paranoid about electrical fire.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

That is correct...on a stock car the white/ black stripe wire goes from the alternator blug into the harness....then makes a u turn and runs back into the alternator. The PO cut that wire to a shorter length ( no problem with that ). The yellow and green wires are used for voltage sensing and the battery light in the dash.

The wire running from the starter isn't an issue either. Matter of fact, I need to do that to mine.

You must have a newer style starter for that to work.

Those wires, while correct, are suspect as to their condition, I would pickup a new plug and replicate the 3g modification with soldered connections.
But you where already go'n to do that right? :hide:

Reactions: 1 user