Is this factory

• Sponsors (?)

DBMSTNG said:
in my auto, if i drive with the OD off, i cruise at 35mph in 3rd gear at 1000rpm with the stock 3.27's. if your car runs a higher RPM than that, you've got yourself a shorter gear in the rear axle.

OK it's running about 1500rpm at 35 in 3rd gear (OD off). Any idea what gears may be in it? And the reason I didn't know it had Flowmasters on it was when my wife and I were looking we originally test drove a couple 03 V6s (auto and manual trans) then drove the Zinc Yellow Gt we ended up buying so I really had little to compare it too.

jeffnoel said:
OK it's running about 1500rpm at 35 in 3rd gear (OD off). Any idea what gears may be in it? And the reason I didn't know it had Flowmasters on it was when my wife and I were looking we originally test drove a couple 03 V6s (auto and manual trans) then drove the Zinc Yellow Gt we ended up buying so I really had little to compare it too.

:doh: sorry man. i screwed up. you have the stock 3.27's. my car also does 35 @ 1500rpm. i got my rpm confused with 4th.

jeffnoel said:

That's exactly what you should see with 3.27... :nice:

If the cover is crome or polished and has anything written on it or anything than its aftermarket. The single chambers are hella small like half the size of a normal mustang muffler so just go to your local dealership and compare the rear end cover and the mufflers and there will be your anwser.