Fox Is This Normal For A T5 Trans?

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Bought a new Hurst shifter for my 93 fox. Originally this car was a 4 cylinder automatic and was swapped to a T5. I noticed in the instruction video when the guy was removing the old shifter from the transmission, the 2 top bolts looksl further downwards. My top 2 bolts are halfway under the console. Just wondering if this is normal placement for them and does it matter? Might be a stupid question but this is my first project and I'm trying to learn lol. Thank you
20171226_195859.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Normal for a swap car. Take some snips and enlarge the shifter hole slightly.

On factory 5-spd cars, the opening is slightly bigger with a raised hump spot welded on. LRS sells the hump, but generally it's not needed as long as you can get the inner shift bootvto seal with some creativity

Reactions: 1 user
Also when putting in my new shifter should I put some kind of grease on the ball on the bottom of the shifter before putting it into the plastic cup?

Normal for a swap car. Take some snips and enlarge the shifter hole slightly.

On factory 5-spd cars, the opening is slightly bigger with a raised hump spot welded on. LRS sells the hump, but generally it's not needed as long as you can get the inner shift bootvto seal with some creativity