Is this possible???

mustang99slvrV6

Jan 5, 2002
I have a 99 v6 if you couldnt tell lol...anyway I am looking for the loudest exhaust possible that doesnt sound like crap...I was thinking about the new bassani Bx pieces with high flow cats, then i searched other posts and people were saying to go with a 40 series and mac shorty headers...So i was wondering if it would be possible to do mac shorty headers, high flow cats,bassani x-pipe, bassani exhaust, 40 series, then bassani stainless steel tips? If that would work would it be loud??? If it sounds good im willing to spend the money but I dont want to spend a lot if its going to sound like the cheaper V6 after-cat kits or gt-take offs. Sound level and or price would be nice if anyone knows thanks. I would also like any other suggestions for loud set ups....

• Sponsors (?)

Why do people always confuse noise with speed?

I would probly go with half the stuff you mentioned but the other half I'm not sure on. My main over all goal is speed and to see how fast I can get a small American car motor (Granted 99% of them are made out side of the U.S.) in the 1/4 mile :rolleyes:

It sounds like you need to do some research before buying anything here. I suggest learning a little about exhaust before shelling out major $$$ for something.

Like stated above, shorty headers are a waste. If you must get headers, go with the MAC longtubes. The catalytic converters are going to be part of the mid-pipe (X-pipe). You don't buy them seperately, they're both one piece. You can with either a catted X-pipe like Magnaflows, or go with an off-road X-pipe (no cats).

What do you mean by Bassani exhaust? 40 series is just the model name for the Flowmaster muffler. 40 series are Flowmaster mufflers.

My suggestion for best sound on a V6 (although a V6 will always sound like garbage IMO):

-MAC LT's
-Dr. Gas O/R X-pipe (not sure if it works with V6's)
-MAC Flowpath catback system

Thats bassically an entire exhaust system (from the engine out to the tailpipes).

But like I said, please do a little reading about exhaust because it sounds like you have no clue what you're talking about :(

Good luck :nice:

I am building an exhaust using Supercoupe T-bird longtubes(ok my 'stang is an '83) with a stock H pipe utilizing 2 mini sized Cats welded to the flanges up front with the "H" fitting up to the flowmasters in the stock location meeting the GT tailpipes. pipes are 2 1/4 front to back, motor will be 300 hp 4.3/500 cfm 4bbl