Is this worth it?

• Sponsors (?)

Considering a decent amount of engineering has gone into the Pypes arrangement and "piecing together" a similar solution will have close to none ...
If you want consistent predictable results, you should go with the tried and true product. You can find videos to show you what the Pypes arrangement will sound like.

Is the Pypes dual system worth almost $600?

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-midmuffler-truedual-catback-0510v6.html

Or would it better to piece this together to a similar setup?
It's all a matter of what YOU are willing to pay. It is stainless steel front to back. That to me makes it expensive. Does it work better than anyone else's ? That is to be determined. You can find a sound clip on YouTube. In one perspective you would never have to buy another system because yours wore out.

I say no - unless this is some 'show' car you don't plan to drive or rarely drive -although it's your money - I paid around $350 for my exhaust system - shorties + off road H + welded in cherry bombers - it sounds bad as heck for me - I bought my 07 Gt new and never plan to sell it - but I'm not gonna blow $ w/ss exhaust - take that extra $250 and spend on soemthing else fun for ur car.