Iskwezm's turbo kit

10secgoal

Dec 1, 2003
San Diego
So this is what it looked like in the beginning. Had to change his radiator to a driver side exit. He already had a cross flow, so I moved the bottom exit to the driver side and put a divider in the radiator and made it a double pass cross flow.He has a drive side inlet like a GM to begin with.

picture005eh3.jpg

picture006yj4.jpg

picture009fk4.jpg

Attachments

• picture005eh3.jpg
    picture005eh3.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 252
  • picture006yj4.jpg
    picture006yj4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 289
  • picture009fk4.jpg
    picture009fk4.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 269
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd like to see the radiator mods. I want a crossflow, but without the funky hose routing needed to convert from same side inlet/outlets.

If you wanted a cross flow and didn't want to change anything from the way it came from the factory... you buy a cross flow with the inlet in the stock location and the outlet on the driver side. Move the bottom outlet to the other side. Now they are on the same side like factory. Now to keep the water from coming straight down the end tank and straight back into the motor without being cooled, you put in a block off plate. That will send it across the fins, down the end tank and across the fins on the way back to the motor. So it passes across the fins twice. I'll try to get a pic still to clarify.

wow, nice :)

Im assuming you already saw the "pipe plug" on the bottom of the water pump, that should make it a little easier to do the side to side swap.

you think the lower hose will still work???
Nope, that bugger tore coming off. Did you use voodoo glue or what ?:rlaugh: I saw the pipe plug, but need the spano wrench to take the tube off the other side.