Issues With The Mustang... :/

Mine too is black neg cable from the auto store, mine is a little longer and zip tied some as well, maybe not as long as yours cause I measured what I truly needed. I did the same small length black neg cable for the firewall to rear of intake strap replacement. Many of your gauges get the ground from THIS spot so do it as well.

I have a 4 gauge 15 inch ground strap that I want to put on the passenger side from the fire wall to the engine. Both ends of wire have holes to put a bolt through. Where do I mount this on the back of the passenger side engine? I can find a spot on the fire wall but I have no clue where to put on engine.

• Sponsors (?)

Mine too is black neg cable from the auto store, mine is a little longer and zip tied some as well, maybe not as long as yours cause I measured what I truly needed. I did the same small length black neg cable for the Firewall to Rear of Intake strap replacement. Many of your gauges get the ground from THIS spot so do it as well.
^^^^^LQQK ....its where your O2's are connected as well. Other end should be a hole on the firewall near the clutch quadrant or brake booster.

^^^^^LQQK ....its where your O2's are connected as well. Other end should be a hole on the firewall near the clutch quadrant or brake booster.

I'm honestly really confused as to where I suppose to put this extra 4 gauge wire. I already have one from the intake to the drivers side firewall that comes stock but I want to put an extra 4 gauge wire to the passenger side of the firewall like it is on the drivers side. Where do I mount this to on the engine?

I'm honestly really confused as to where I suppose to put this extra 4 gauge wire. I already have one from the intake to the drivers side firewall that comes stock but I want to put an extra 4 gauge wire to the passenger side of the firewall like it is on the drivers side. Where do I mount this to on the engine?
so normally that strap gets old and gummy and has cuts in it. Replace it where it is connected, completely swap it, any slight down grade in the consistancy of that strap will jack your gauges up. I've never installed one on the passenger side.

Do I have to remove the intake manifold to do so?... Or is there a bolt thats reachable?
You do not have to remove the intake manifold.
The original location was the on one of the two back bolts on the upper intake manifold. A universal socket on a 12" extension is just about perfect.

You do not have to remove the intake manifold.
The original location was the on one of the two back bolts on the upper intake manifold. A universal socket on a 12" extension is just about perfect.

Can I see the bolt from the front or do I have to look at it through the back? Do you possibly have a picture of the location @jrichker ? Would I have to go through the back or the front of the intake manifold to reach it?

It's mostly a find by feel operation. Go all the way to the back of the upper intake manifold and feel around for the bolts and ground strap. It's usually on the driver's side rear upper intake manifold bolt.

I found it easier to reach it on the drivers side, use a few extentions on your socket to rise above the intake, use a flashlight with your right hand. Try and secure the O2 wire grounds with a string before you remove the bolt with nut, it may slip down to the bellhousing if your not careful.

i found it easier to reach it on the drivers side, use a few extentions on your socket to rise abo e the intake, use a flashlight with your right hand. Try and secure the O2 wire grounds with a string before to remove the bolt with nut, hey may slip down to the bellhousing if your not careful.

I tried to stick my hand down there and I couldnt even reach the end? Is it bolted to the upper or lower manifold? I cant even see back there :O_o:...

I actually took pics with a flash with my camera phone to inspect it first. Its a good way to look at vac hoses back there too that connect to the intake and lines. Secure that phone...lol

Ill be doing that tomorrow! raining here in sj today and the garage isnt empty lol... I really hop changing that dang wire helps... if not im gonna be pissed.. lol