Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

I really like how that turned out.

I didn't even think about the hole for the speedo cable now that you're electronic.

Reactions: 1 user
What is with the redundant tach for the Visually challenged that's reading twice as high as the in dash unit?
You went through all of that trouble to wire and mount those new great looking gauges, and are gonna leave that honkin Planet sized thing still in there?
I can't believe that as big as that thing is, you haven't ran over a dog or an old person yet.;)
If this isn't a drag car, I can't see the reason for it. And if this is a drag car, I can't see the reason for the new speedo and a redundant "smaller" tach.
But that's just me, and like they say,..it's your car.
lol I can’t say if I have or haven’t swiped a couple of granny’s before or not but it’s possible. Yes more than likely I’ll end up taking it off and selling it then buying something else I probably don’t need but want with that money. Sure i can get 100 bucks for it maybe. Honestly idk why I ever put it in? Maybe bc it was the thing to do and the car at that time up until recently was stock besides an F cam rockers, but once you do that you have to have a big ass tach right?!?!?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I really like how that turned out.

I didn't even think about the hole for the speedo cable now that you're electronic.
Thanks man appreciate everyone input and help, and yeah originally I was gonna come up from under the dash through that grommet near the brake booster, I started pulling the speedo cable and was like hmmm I wonder if I just wrap and tape these to the end of the cable and just pull it through will it work? Gave it a go and the pulled through nicely, plus it was easier to run everything into their places and kept everything nice and clean.

Reactions: 1 users
Ha well guys I beat you to just forgot to post it. So I had tried to do the calibration a few days ago, and it wouldn’t do anything, then I noticed the lcd screen want lighting up. I was in a hurry bc I had things to do and I pondered this all day. In my head I was think damn it I have a bad speedo. Any ways something in me said I forgot something, I remembered wait I had a loose 12v ignition wire i tucked soooooo maybe??? I looked at some pics I took of all the wiring once I zip tied things to clean it up. Sure enough there was nothing plugged into the 12v spade so I had to take everything back apart, looked I was right, plugged it in to its spot and bam we have power. So at this time I decided adios big ass tach. It looks so much cleaner, so now I’m just trying to figure out the best way to find a key on power source to excite my alternator.
4BC8A14B-C78E-4D1E-B091-0F859758ABF6.jpeg

• Winner
Reactions: 5 users
Ha well guys I beat you to just forgot to post it. So I had tried to do the calibration a few days ago, and it wouldn’t do anything, then I noticed the lcd screen want lighting up. I was in a hurry bc I had things to do and I pondered this all day. In my head I was think damn it I have a bad speedo. Any ways something in me said I forgot something, I remembered wait I had a loose 12v ignition wire i tucked soooooo maybe??? I looked at some pics I took of all the wiring once I zip tied things to clean it up. Sure enough there was nothing plugged into the 12v spade so I had to take everything back apart, looked I was right, plugged it in to its spot and bam we have power. So at this time I decided adios big ass tach. It looks so much cleaner, so now I’m just trying to figure out the best way to find a key on power source to excite my alternator.
4BC8A14B-C78E-4D1E-B091-0F859758ABF6.jpeg

Yeah man! Looks way better without it! Good choice!

Read in another tech post on someone doing the fog light deal I wanted to do but he ran it in another location than slot 8, he used 16 with the add a fuse and put the spade into 12. Gave it a go and well that did the trick now I can run my fogs independent of the headlights. Ended up fixing the alternator voltage issues status post the cluster swap with the help of a few of the SN locals mustang5L5 and blown88gt to which the help was much appreciated. Also noticed my car was running hotter than normal today, after just letting it run a bit in the garage. Let it cool down for awhile and found my radiator coolant to be a bit low and the overflow tank completely empty. I’m gonna top off the radiator but should my over flow tank have some coolant in there? I remember the stock one had the H & L marks and I would just add fluid to it when it was low. So should I put fluid in both?
86203014-D76B-4389-AE34-4B13CC24DAB6.jpeg
492EF132-4836-4D33-A5B9-7F026E5B0230.jpeg
3055B664-DDEC-428B-8682-3AF2E3925906.jpeg
F0822812-5C6E-4DDA-AA52-C2DF87589D26.jpeg