It finally happened! Twin T57 03 Cobra vs AMS GT42R Evo!

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
Oh it finally happened, wasnt setup but they were both out so it went down :eek: Video edited by JKStarr

http://media.putfile.com/TT-Cobra-vs-EVO

First run you can see the Evo was pretty late on the hit and then started trucking back hard up top, the run where he actually jumps out ahead was a 45 instead of a 40 roll and he was on the 42 psi setting but he missed a gear. Cobra brake boosted every run, Evo never did, if he did it would make a HUGE difference but he doesnt drive the car enough right now to get to try much with it. The run where he came out ahead, we all think he would have ran away hard but thats racing. Last run the car had a hiccup or something and he let off. They ran for fun, not for anybody else so lets keep the dickhead comments out of this thread.

Cobra did 675 on 15 psi on pump gas and has done 725 on a more conservative dyno on 18 psi and race gas, in the colder weather it was making 18 psi on the pump gas tune last night. :eek:

Neither had planned to race last night and it was the first time Chris had driven the Evo in awhile.

• Sponsors (?)

It's hard to find a dig spot for cars like that and neither really cares about dig racing seeing how the Evo is on stock axles and the Cobra broke a half shaft 20 feet out on a soft launch at the track a couple weeks ago.

Chris hasnt even driven the Evo much at all since getting it back, I doubt he has practiced anything from a stop on the stock drivetrain thus far. The Cobra was lighting the Hoosiers up from a 40 roll earlier that night, it was cold! It did good on them runs though.

sweet cars but one thing i have to say is the cobra is at 18 psi and the evo is at 42 psi? to me i would MUCH rather have the car with way less boost and run just as hard but thats just me.

both cars are just plain badass though

88_GT_5_oh said:
sweet cars but one thing i have to say is the cobra is at 18 psi and the evo is at 42 psi? to me i would MUCH rather have the car with way less boost and run just as hard but thats just me.

both cars are just plain badass though

Boost is just a measure of restriction and that turbo is pretty much topped out on the Evo and it's a little engine so you have to spin a turbo pretty hard to move enough air to make the big power. All full races were on 38 psi though.

It's certainly alot easier to get a V8 to do it, might be why Chris with the Evo is talking about doing a 67-68 Camaro with a big cube setup and big turbo to try and make 1500 hp on pump gas. :eek:

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Boost is just a measure of restriction and that turbo is pretty much topped out on the Evo and it's a little engine so you have to spin a turbo pretty hard to move enough air to make the big power. All full races were on 38 psi though.

It's certainly alot easier to get a V8 to do it, might be why Chris with the Evo is talking about doing a 67-68 Camaro with a big cube setup and big turbo to try and make 1500 hp on pump gas. :eek:

ya i know what you mean. i geuss i just see it as a waste (bad wording) to do it on such a small motor and have to spin the turbo so much just to make crazy power. i mean its pretty sweet to make that kinda power but i would rather be running less preasure. car still is sick though

The car wouldnt have gotten the attention it does if he had just done the typical car so I guess thats what makes it interesting.

My friend has an 02 Lightning with alot of money in it, runs 6.6's in the 1/8 and it hauls ass, you wouldnt see it coming from this truck either. It gets more attention than the run of the mill modded car but he could have gone faster with a car than the truck.

The first buildup on the Evo was $$$$ but it wasnt as bad as you would think considering what all was done. Not a budjet build but for how good it ran, it wasnt bad. The new setup is more ontop of the original, so budget build has gone out the window completely but it's not the $100000 everybody makes it out to be.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
It's hard to find a dig spot for cars like that and neither really cares about dig racing seeing how the Evo is on stock axles and the Cobra broke a half shaft 20 feet out on a soft launch at the track a couple weeks ago.

Chris hasnt even driven the Evo much at all since getting it back, I doubt he has practiced anything from a stop on the stock drivetrain thus far. The Cobra was lighting the Hoosiers up from a 40 roll earlier that night, it was cold! It did good on them runs though.
If they are going to be that way why dont they just go out and buy a supra, tell them to grow a pair and go from a dig...

i beleive chris's car has more pull, than the cobra, thats like a 150 mph trap car. but a 4g, does run amazing and is ridulously reilable, engine wise, alot of people run 500 hp, np wiout ever taking the vallve cover off.
here in cleveland, most of my buddies including me, like the 4g's. jp's car made 791 to the wheels, lol with a big turbo, and alot of stock parts. craigs colt traps at 13x mph. i had a 90 talon, wiht just a intercooler exhaust, and a boost controler, went 12.4 at 108 mph lol.
thoose cars run.