IT HAS BEGUN! My custom TT sutup thread.

• Sponsors (?)

Ill be getting some pics when I can. I can sortof tell you guys what we are going to do.

We have decided that first things first, we will mount the IC....it WILL have to me modified with the inlets facing sky ward, vs laterally. We are going to run it over the top of the radiator. It WILL fit, as we are going to notch and re fiberglass my 00 R hood :nice: . Its going to look sick, definatly custom and one off.

Then we are going to start fabbing up the headers. I have done alot of research on waste gate placement, and now im pretty sure where I will place it. So the rest of the setup should be cake as I already know what to do :D .

Pics on all this will probably take a while...we dont have a tig or mig welder and will need to take it to someone to get the new inlets welded up, and to close off the old ones.

hotmustang331 said:
Ill be getting some pics when I can. I can sortof tell you guys what we are going to do.

We have decided that first things first, we will mount the IC....it WILL have to me modified with the inlets facing sky ward, vs laterally. We are going to run it over the top of the radiator. It WILL fit, as we are going to notch and re fiberglass my 00 R hood :nice: . Its going to look sick, definatly custom and one off.

Then we are going to start fabbing up the headers. I have done alot of research on waste gate placement, and now im pretty sure where I will place it. So the rest of the setup should be cake as I already know what to do :D .

Pics on all this will probably take a while...we dont have a tig or mig welder and will need to take it to someone to get the new inlets welded up, and to close off the old ones.

tig, mig, big, wig, dig, rig, cig, pig, jig, fig, sig, vig...... alright, i'm done now :D

LOL "sutup" I didnt even notice that typo :rlaugh: ....and I looked the title over a few times before I posted LOL. Ill pm a mod to fix it :D

^Well it looks like EVERYTHING (clutch, boost gauge/controler ect) is going to run me around $4200. I think final on the turbo stuff ALONE (assuming I bought the needed boost controler...manual VS that electronic one) will be around $3600.

There are just SOOOO many little thing, and I have to overbuy pipe, to make sure I have enough...just a TON of parts.

But how I look at it. 4200 on a novi 2000 mongoose kit and no IC.
OR $4200 and I get a very nice intercooled twin turbo system capable of 800+RWHP, A spec STG 3 clutch, and a very nice boost controler/gauge.

But then you guys must also take into account the things I can sell now. The LTs for 1, thats around $400....and you wouldnt do that with a novi. And I also can keep my U/D pulleys, which also means less wasted $$$.
So really I am coming out around $475 ahead of what I was showing.

OK, what i did today.

took a few hours and FINALLY got the pass side header off WITHOUT removing the K member. I had to pull the starter and motor mount all in all, but in the end I got it. VERY VERY tough!

Pulled the bogus power steering cooler and drained the powersteering system. Ill buy a real powersteering/oil cooler probably tonight.

Drained the engine coolant, and removed the overflow tank.

Ill be replacing the electric WP with my stock unit tommorow.

Things I didnt do.

Take a picture of something for the above poster. :bang: (I didnt have time LOL)

I think we may fab up the whole system first and then drop the tank...but its up in the air right now. All I know is that it has a full tank of gas LOL. Ill have ty drain it first, thats for sure.

Ill let you know what the duty cycles are though when Tim tunes it...ill write that down and ask.

One thing is that with a focus pump and a BAP (like your setup)...go ahead and add an inline 40AMP fuse. The stock 30AMP one in the box will blow from what I hear...just need to direct wire and add your own. That should do the trick fine...but you probably already knew that lol.

hotmustang331 said:
took a few hours and FINALLY got the pass side header off WITHOUT removing the K member. I had to pull the starter and motor mount all in all, but in the end I got it. VERY VERY tough!

Don't you have to remove and replace the K member anyway for the kit you're using?

Well we already put a tubular K under the car when we did the LT header install...otherwise I would call throwing on TTs, about impossable. It would probably be impossable to get the LTs off with the stock K lol.

On a side note, I think we are going to go ahead and start making the headers today :). We have all the parts we need.

Electric WP is being removed so I dont have to worry about it going out LOL. Ill be making plety of power and I dont think ill notice that its gone...adding 150+RWHP, so I figure that this is the best time to take it off :nice:

As far as the headers go, I bought some mandrel bent J bends (1 5/8s), and we are just cutting the pieces and making the bends like that...so that way the bends stay smooth and free flowing inside. We are having issues right now with getting the welded set right, but got our first bend down and welded LOL.
Its definatly not going to be easy, thats for sure.