It's ALL Chepsk8's FAULT !!!

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
Well....Sears and this Spring-like weather didn't help any either......:shrug:
I'm gearing up to start working on my 'stang now that the weather is getting better, so what better way to start than going out and buying....TOOLS!:D:nice:
More specifically, I just bought a 3-1/2 ton floor jack (I think that is it's weight, not capacity!:crazy: ), (2) 3-1/2 ton jack stands (came with the jack) and (4) 2-1/2 ton jack stands! All for less than $150!:nice:

Now I'm ready to jack the 'stang up and get back to work on her undercarraige and suspension!:nice:

• Sponsors (?)

I have that floor jack (love it) it weighs at least 3.5 tons :) and the jack stands (little short for my liking). I bought two pairs of the harbor freight 6 ton stands for 18.00/pr. Right now these are what my car is sitting on in lieu of a suspension :)

Good Luck and Happy wrenching

StangDreamin' said:
So what's next? More bodywork; or are you going to start getting Austrailian parts to make the 200 SCREAM??? :D :D :D Still Dreamin'
I'm getting back to work on the chassis and suspension.....body work I'm probably going to pay a pro....:( and as for the Aussie parts......That is most definately in Sally's future as soon as I can scrape together the $$$.....FordSix.com has this nice little package deal.....only $2010.00!:D:nice:
chepsk8 said:
HA HA!!!!!!!!!!
I can't be the only one spending ludicrous amounts of money here!
Who said anything about ludicrous amounts of money? I'm taking pages from the "Chepsk8 Manual for Restoring/Resto-ing Your Ride":nono::D
68rustang said:
I have that floor jack (love it) it weighs at least 3.5 tons and the jack stands (little short for my liking). I bought two pairs of the harbor freight 6 ton stands for 18.00/pr. Right now these are what my car is sitting on in lieu of a suspension
Good Luck and Happy wrenching
Thanks!:nice:
I figured between the 3-1/2 ton stands and the 2-1/2 ton stands (6 all told) and whatever 2x4s and 4x4s I've got lying around.........won't be high enough for my liking (Only a hydraulic lift would be....), but it will be enough for me to be able to get under the 'stang..........:shrug:

65stanger said:
I'm getting back to work on the chassis and suspension.....body work I'm probably going to pay a pro....:( and as for the Aussie parts......That is most definately in Sally's future as soon as I can scrape together the $$$.....FordSix.com has this nice little package deal.....only $2010.00!:D:nice:

Since the '67 around the block has a six-in-a-row; I have looked at fordsixparts.com . Saw that $2010 package (or even the $1880 package without the ceramic coating... :drool: If ya want to keep a long and skinny motor, that would definitely be the trick :nice:

Still Dreamin'

pabear89 said:
:p Was the Machining money for my engine,
But worth every penny.

PB
Damn man! I'm jealous! I suppose you have a rotisserie hidden in that shop somewhere too............I don't suppose you live near enough for me to "borrow" your shop....
StangDreamin' said:
Since the '67 around the block has a six-in-a-row; I have looked at fordsixparts.com . Saw that $2010 package (or even the $1880 package without the ceramic coating... If ya want to keep a long and skinny motor, that would definitely be the trick
Once I have all the chassis and suspension parts I need, that's next on the list.......:nice:

A REAL Pick-Me-Up!

Well Ladies, Gentlemen and Blue Fuzzies of all ages......here are my new "toys"...........I mis-spoke, the smaller J-stands are only 2-1/4 ton...:shrug:
attachment.php

Note Sally still wearing her BIG BLUE Winter Wrap!....it's still a wee bit chilly here.......

StangDreamin' said:
No offense, old friend; but no.
I'm sure that, with the kids, the animals, Li'l Red the new-old truck (1/2NK's "Son of Generic Rice-Eating Chevy Truck") my paycheck is well-spent before I ever see it! :nonono:
Still Dreamin'

:eek:
I'm only six months older than you.........:nonono::(

BTW......I forgot to thank Chepsk8 for the $500. T-shirt! :D

What's up with TCP?

I ordered their sub-frame connector kits on-line 11 days ago, at the time I got a message back saying I would be contacted by phone in 5 days....as I hadn't heard from them I tried calling them on Thursday, only to get a message that they are moving???:scratch:

Now I'm wondering if the got my order or not.....nothing has been billed to my credit card yet............:shrug: