Progress Thread HeHateMe gets bent

• Sponsors (?)

You don't like belly button engines. I don't like belly button cars.

A little 2100lb car with some CalTracs and split mono leafs will hook with some 275's and the right setup. I will have the right setup. I won't have to spend a fortune to get it. I'll have a lot better front suspension than you think.
you can’t fit 275’s w/o minitubbing that old assed thing,...that’s what I keep saying,...As long as you are the one doing the work....you won’t have to spend a fortune........as long as you don’t place a monetary value on your time.
If somebody put a price ticker on my time....The Monster is a 100k project.

A 63 falcon will be right behind me,...and twice as ugly.,...but not as ugly as a MII.

*Drunk mike talking...it’d’ make more sense if it were sober Mike,...but it’s Monday.......Monday gets you drunk mike.

Reactions: 1 users
Mr. Browns Fairlane has a 351 and 245 45 17s on the back. I don't think there is anymore room in the rear without cutting it up.
mrbrown1.jpg
mrbrown2.jpg
mrbrown3.jpg
mrbrown4.jpg
and if this was the car we were talking about, there’d be no argument....This is a fairlane, not a buck toothed Falcon.
This car got nicknamed Thunderbolt ,..a falcon was how miss Gertrude got to the library.

Reactions: 1 users
you can’t fit 275’s w/o minitubbing that old assed thing,...that’s what I keep saying,...As long as you are the one doing the work....you won’t have to spend a fortune........as long as you don’t place a monetary value on your time.
If somebody put a price ticker on my time....The Monster is a 100k project.

A 63 falcon will be right behind me,...and twice as ugly.,...but not as ugly as a MII.

*Drunk mike talking...it’d’ make more sense if it were sober Mike,...but it’s Monday.......Monday gets you drunk mike.

Drunk Mikey forgets that he started with ugly as fck car as well, hacked the rear wheel wells out of it as well. I say this is just a smaller, lighter, and better looking version of the Fairlane up there. The rear wheels on this are out too far. Needs a mini tub and move the leafs inboard. All in a weekend or two of work. Of course I have to find the suddenly elusive 62-63 2 Falcon. The ones I find for a reasonable price are out of driving range and I need to see it before I buy it. Dude doesn't come get the 85 until next weekend, so I have time and need to get it out and clean the garage and break it to the wife that she still can't park in the garage!@

S76j3wth-1.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I for one approve... I would drive the wheels off that
Drunk Mikey forgets that he started with ugly as fck car as well, hacked the rear wheel wells out of it as well. I say this is just a smaller, lighter, and better looking version of the Fairlane up there. The rear wheels on this are out too far. Needs a mini tub and move the leafs inboard. All in a weekend or two of work. Of course I have to find the suddenly elusive 62-63 2 Falcon. The ones I find for a reasonable price are out of driving range and I need to see it before I buy it. Dude doesn't come get the 85 until next weekend, so I have time and need to get it out and clean the garage and break it to the wife that she still can't park in the garage!@

S76j3wth-1.jpg
Dude, there is absolutely no comparison to the ugly factor, and if it couldn't get any worse the car you pictured is a fckin post.
You can make ugly comparisons, and ill rationalize how far apart they are for you.
1. Open the hood on my car when there is no engine in there, and set anything you want back in with out doing dick.
302,351, FE, 460, Coyote.
Or
2. Open the hood of that car, and put a 5.0 SBF in there. Period.
3. Go to any swap meet, get on any neighborhood forum, Go to CL, EBay, wherever....and buy any front suspension/brake/ steering part used for a Fox, for dirt.
Or
4 Spend the rest of your life looking for obscure, outdated oem junk, or upgrade every single item above with new aftermarket parts.
5. Glass, trim, door parts, hinges, interior parts are all available for a Fox
Or
6 See #4 above.
7. https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1978/860960/ford_fairmont_futura_sports_coupe_2_3l.html
You don’t have to read all through that..just find the part where a 1978 Fairmont Futura with a 2.3l 4 banger has a curb weight of 2750 pounds.
Or
If all you’re trying to do is a save 200 pounds,..Buy a Fairmont and remove the factory AC, and leave the spare and jack at home.
9. And lastly...it’s all about the 1000’s of remaining Fairmonts that haven’t turned into rusted out rat hotels that can be had for 2-5k perfect, versus the dwindling selection of over priced Librarian work cars, or hagged out butcher jobs where some previous hack “ narrowed” the rear end by cutting out the wheel arches in the quarters.

You’re welcome.

Last edited:
Dude, there is absolutely no comparison to the ugly factor, and if it couldn't get any worse the car you pictured is a fckin post.
You can make ugly comparisons, and ill rationalize how far apart they are for you.
1. Open the hood on my car when there is no engine in there, and set anything you want back in with out doing dick.
302,351, FE, 460, Coyote.
Or
2. Open the hood of that car, and put a 5.0 SBF in there. Period.
3. Go to any swap meet, get on any neighborhood forum, Go to CL, EBay, wherever....and buy any front suspension/brake/ steering part used for a Fox, for dirt.
Or
4 Spend the rest of your life looking for obscure, outdated oem junk, or upgrade every single item above with new aftermarket parts.
5. Glass, trim, door parts, hinges, interior parts are all available for a Fox
Or
6 See #4 above.
7. https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1978/860960/ford_fairmont_futura_sports_coupe_2_3l.html
You don’t have to read all through that..just find the part where a 1978 Fairmont Futura with a 2.3l 4 banger has a curb weight of 2750 pounds.
Or
If all you’re trying to do is a save 200 pounds,..Buy a Fairmont and remove the factory AC, and leave the spare and jack at home.
9. And lastly...it’s all about the 1000’s of remaining Fairmonts that haven’t turned into rusted out rat hotels that can be had for 2-5k perfect, versus the dwindling selection of over priced Librarian work cars, or hagged out butcher jobs where some previous hack “ narrowed” the rear end by cutting out the wheel arches in the quarters.

You’re welcome.

What are you trying to say?

Other than you like bellybutton cars and don't like bellybutton engines?

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
You are kidding right..The last time i checked,..out of like 512 members here, 1 has a fairmont.

Just another FoxBody. If the Fox platform is the Baldwin family, the Fairmont is Stephen. Not as popular or successful as Alec, and goofy, but related nonetheless.

Actually,I wouldn't mind a box top Fairmont. It's the William Baldwin. Stable, not flashy. But it's harder to find one at a reasonable price than a early Falcon.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Just another FoxBody. If the Fox platform is the Baldwin family, the Fairmont is Stephen. Not as popular or successful as Alec, and goofy, but related nonetheless.

Actually,I wouldn't mind a box top Fairmont. It's the William Baldwin. Stable, not flashy. But it's harder to find one at a reasonable price than a early Falcon.
Here, ..here is a Steven Balwin I found for you 48 miles from me in 10 seconds