It's Official!

• Sponsors (?)

NewPony'05 said:
anybody actually taken a close enough look at the foglamps on the grille? I was wondering if they'd be removable without leaving this huge hole... Although I'm sure someone will come out with a full aftermarket grille for it eventually. Hoping they didn't just cut holes through the grille and placed a bracket for them over the grille somehow. Ahh well, looks like the project list is gonna start growing already and I haven't even got it yet. :p

Yes I have taken a close look at the grille. If you remove the fog lamps, you will have 2 big round holes in the grille.

The V6 grille swap may not be as simple as you think. Remember that the V6 uses a different front bumper cover. It looks to me like the way the grille meets the bumper cover is different between the V6 & V8. On the V8 the top of the bumper cover looks flat. On the V6 there is a little lip on the bumper cover where it meets the grille. So it is possible that if you put a V6 grille in a V8 front end it will not properly mate to the V8 bumper.

HAVE TO SAY THAT THE STANG WAS ONE OF THE SWEETEST CARS AT THE DETROIT INTERNATIONAL SHOW..AND i WAS NOT THAT BIG OF A STANG FAN TILL ABOUT A COUPLE OF MONTH AGO WHEN I BOUGHT MY 94 COBRA...i LOVE IT AND ENVY ALL WHO GET A SUPERCHARGED 05 ROCKHORSE

351CJ said:
Yes I have taken a close look at the grille. If you remove the fog lamps, you will have 2 big round holes in the grille.

The V6 grille swap may not be as simple as you think. Remember that the V6 uses a different front bumper cover. It looks to me like the way the grille meets the bumper cover is different between the V6 & V8. On the V8 the top of the bumper cover looks flat. On the V6 there is a little lip on the bumper cover where it meets the grille. So it is possible that if you put a V6 grille in a V8 front end it will not properly mate to the V8 bumper.

Right, so get out the dremel, some aluminum plate strips, and start fabricating new connections (grin)