It's on now!

Asha'man

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2002
Denver
Talked to my dad tonight, he approved the turbo swap! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I was at the JY today, snagged a Turbocoupe IC, and there are two turbo cars there. One's a Capri Turbo RS with what looks to my uneducated eye like a rather clean TC motor; didn't check miles. The other is a bit of an anomaly. It looks like a V8 T-bird from the nose, chrome grill. However, it has an '87-'88 TC hood with nostrils and of course a 2.3T/T5 in it. Odo shows 154k. Sad It also has the disc rear end. Edit: It also has an LA2 computer, or LA12 (which I don't think exists, but that's what the tag looked like). I took some pics if anyone wants to try to ID the car.

Anyway, he said "go ahead" to the swap, and since it'll be at least next year before I actually do it, it's all good. There are a few restrictions, namely boost levels....it'll start out fairly low, and move up with time. That's okay, because I'm not looking for a hella fast car at this point, and at least I'll have a good starting point for big-time mods in the future.

How hard is it to pull a junkyard 2.3 with hand tools? :D

Ash

• Sponsors (?)

CarlsV6 said:
Whoa whoa whoa, a turbo capri rs????? What kind of shape is it in? Those are really quite rare...

Yeah, I know. It's not in great shape, but I think the passenger fender is okay. Interior is trashed, there's a V8 in pieces in it...shortblock in the hatch, heads in the driver's seat.

513839_31_full.jpg

513839_32_full.jpg

I was surprised as all hell when I saw a 2.3 in there....sad to see such a rare car in the JY. :( It's not the stock motor...'87-'88 TC, I think.

140 - I know, I'm going back Monday. :nice:

Ash