it's one thing after another...turning my crank

cenok is family

15 Year Member
Jun 25, 2003
Norman, Ok
so i go to put my motor back together the other day after my piston rings finally came in. I unwrap my crank from the plastic i wrapped it in and find there are grooves on a couple of the journals. This is AFTER it has been to the machine shop to be polished. i think it's AWESOME that they polished and charged me for it but was reluctant to call me and let me know it needed to be turned as well. :mad: Boyd's auto machine in Norman, Ok SUCKS. :notnice: I'm taking it to a different machine shop now. so anyways, apparently i'm going to have to get my crank turned now, and i know it depends on how much they have to take it down, but after they turn it, am i going to be looking for what is referred to as "undersized" bearings? and does anyone know where i can find these? makes me SOOOO mad because now i have a set of brand new standard size clevite 77 rod and main bearings that i can't even use. :bang: :bang: waste of what little fuggin money i have....:bang:

• Sponsors (?)

Any good shop should not have missed that...

They will mostly likely turn it .010 if it is not real bad, have the rod journals checked for taper as well, they may also need to be turned. Oversize bearings are available just about anywhere, even the machine shop you use may be able to get them for you at a decent deal.