I've come full circle..

Jason4225

May 22, 2011
Omaha
I had been thinking about buying a Fox body for years and finally made the plunge last Wednesday. It's actually my second Fox as the first was a 79 4 cylinder, 4 speed, AM radio special that I bought for $700 and had for only 3 months back in 1994. This one I picked up for $2200.

This one is a definite project. When I drove it home, the power steering fluid leaked completely out. It didn't have any door keys, no ignition key (had to start with a screwdriver), fuel leaks out when you fill up the tank, rear tires are bald, steering wheel was upside down, airbag light on, horn didn't work, cruise control didn't work, and the door locks don't work.

The good things are the body is straight and relatively rust free (a rarity in the midwest) except for the passenger floorpan is rusted at the rear of the front seat, the interior is in decent shape, the engine looks to be all original. As you can see from the pics, the exhaust exits in front of the wheels and there are no mufflers. I'm working on getting the original exhaust from the previous owner so I can at least reuse the tips.

I've already replaced the power steering hose, flipped the steering wheel, and cleaned the IAC. I have a steering column coming this week and I ordered new door cylinders and keys, fuel filler neck grommet, door handles and door renewal kit. It is great to finally have a car to play with! Sorry for the long post. :D

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0235.jpg

IMAG0234.jpg

IMAG0233.jpg

And yes, I know the 5.0 emblems are in the wrong place. I'll fix that this week also.

• Sponsors (?)