Ive lost all my knowledge

94mustangv67037

Jan 26, 2011
IN
Some of you know that I was planning on building a blown 5.0 for my 94 v6. I had someone that was going to help me that has been drag racing for years and has had many high horsepower cars. That said person texted me today and told me to come get all my v8 parts and get out of his life. I dont know why he did it but regardless it still happend. I dont know if I should go ahead and build the car even though I have no real knowledge about anything or how to go about doing all of the suspension and body work needed to be done to the car for it all to be right. I also dont know how to finish putting the motor togetherits currently in the machine shop getting bored decked line honed and drilled for 4 bolt mains. So what should I do build it or forget about it.

• Sponsors (?)

sorry to hear about your change of luck.

but dang, that sounds pretty weird. what was the dude's reason to up and say, get your crap out and don't come back?

do you have a garage and some tools? this stuff is not rocket science or anything, but you have to have time, space, determination, and a place to go for questions. we can provide the place for questions, the rest is up to you.

or you could probably sell the stuff, but you might not get all the money you put into it back.

if you are serious about building it yourself then i say keep at it. otherwise, i would try to offload it all and the car and buy something that is already either built or mostly built and finish it off.

He told me that because I forgot to get one of my old parts out of his way and when I went to pick it up he said he got tired of waiting on me and threw it all out in the rain! Good news though my grandpa said I could build it in his garage it's a big 6 car with all the tools I would ever need. Thanks for support I was ready to just get rid of it all.

My grandpa said he wont touch it because he is into chevys and wont help build something that can get me killed so I got ahold of some friends that told me they would help whenever I needed an extra hand.

All things considered I think I'm gonna finish the car.

More good news! I called the machine shop today and he said he should have the block done this week. I also found a person in my area selling tools cheap due to family issues so I may have my own set of tools.

The determination is there. When I called the machine shop and he told me the block would be done soon my day got a whole lot better. It may be a while before major stuff gets done because I can only spend so much on it but first comes my rotating assembly, then the heads, then I'm gonna smooth up the engine bay, get all my suspension work done, then finish the motor, and put it all together.:D