JBA Dyno Day June 26th

lasrred99gt said:
You wanna tell me why you're such an ass? I gave people useful info, so they can make a decision about wheather or not they want to dyno thier cars at
JBA. I thought that's what this board was all about, then you go and attack me? WTF for? Because I'm in a club? Who cares? Dynoing a car has nothing to do with being in a club? If someone asks me what my horse power is, I'd like to give them accurate info, not inflated numbers.
Why are you attacking me for that?

WOA DUDE!
First off, I can't tell you why I'm such an ass (you'll have to ask my wife) But, I think you are confusing me with someone else. I haven't attacked you, You're the one calling people "little girls". Not the best way to make friends, but whatever.
I hear what you are saying about dyno results being off between the different types of dynos Heck they can be off between two of the same types. There are so many factors involved like drivetrain, temp, bar press, etc. As I said, it's all relitive. As far as who recognizes the results, who cares? People can post their results along with the type of dyno the results were achieved on I suppose, that way people in the "sports car community" can do their own math and come to their own conclusions (for what ever reason)
$35.00 for two pulls isn't a big waste of money.
I think most of these people involved just want to hang out and BS.
In the words of the imortal Rodney King:
"Can't we all just get along"?

• Sponsors (?)

L8 MUSL said:
WOA DUDE!
First off, I can't tell you why I'm such an ass (you'll have to ask my wife) But, I think you are confusing me with someone else. I haven't attacked you, You're the one calling people "little girls". Not the best way to make friends, but whatever.
I hear what you are saying about dyno results being off between the different types of dynos Heck they can be off between two of the same types. There are so many factors involved like drivetrain, temp, bar press, etc. As I said, it's all relitive. As far as who recognizes the results, who cares? People can post their results along with the type of dyno the results were achieved on I suppose, that way people in the "sports car community" can do their own math and come to their own conclusions (for what ever reason)
$35.00 for two pulls isn't a big waste of money.
I think most of these people involved just want to hang out and BS.
In the words of the imortal Rodney King:
"Can't we all just get along"?

Sorry, wasn't aimed at you, it was aimed at 1990stanglx

1990StangLX said:
sooo since JBA's dyno sucks so badly and gives inflated hp numbers and since we'll all be laughed at my the mustang community, should i just call Bruce up and cancel? :shrug:

Maybe you don't care.
This is a public forum and others read this board too. Do you think they might like to know?
I explained our experience with JBA, yeah, they were nice, but the HP and TQ numbers were on the impossible side with the mods we had.
I'm in a club, so what? What does that have to do with having fun or dynoing a car.
Is this your private message board to bash others that want letimate info?
That want solid numbers to be compared with others with similar mods?
Why do you have to be such and ass about me just posting info?

lasrred99gt said:
Maybe you don't care.
This is a public forum and others read this board too. Do you think they might like to know?
I explained our experienc with JBA, yeah, they were nice, but the HP and TQ numbers were on the impossible side with the mods we had.
I'm in a club, so what? What does that have to do with having fun or dynoing a car.
Is this your private message board to bash others that want letimate info?
That want solid numbers to be compared with others with similar mods?
Why do you have to be such and ass about me just posting info?
Considering that the reason for this thread was because we had already set up a date and confirmed things with JBA, you coming in here and posting was pretty stupid. Personally I don't care what you or others thing about the numbers you get at JBA and I do not care what the sports car community thinks of the numbers either. I've had a car dyno'd at JBA before and I know how their systems work. Others have had their cars done at JBA and they too have had no problems. They have a good rep and if people have questions about the JBA dyno they just can ask me and know they I'll give a straight answer. So for you to come in here and tell us/me that we shouldn't get our cars done there because they read wrong and the sports car community won't accept us just smacks of stupidity.

lasrred99gt said:
Yes, I have, but you couldn't compare my results. The second time I dyno'd my car I had a Novi 2000 on it.

At JBA all I had was a C&L MAF on my car and got 249 rwhp, I really don't think a C&L MAF will give you almost 25 rwhp .

My friend who dyno'd the same day with a 98 gt with nothing other than a BBK cai got 201 rwhp. Thats pretty high for an almost completely stock 98 GT.
That same friend dyno'd at santee with me a few months ago on a dynojet. He had my old C&L plus Magnaflow mufflers and underdrive pullies and got 195 rwhp on the dynojet. that sounds about right to me.

Another guy with us at JBA had an 03 gt with JBA Shorties, Magnaflow catted X Pipe, K&N FIPK, and welded on Flowmasters, He got something like 270 rwhp and 320 rwtq, I kind of think that's impossible with his mods.
Here is his post http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=371189
he even went out and had his car dyno'd again at a mercedes dealership a couple days later, but it was again on a dyno dynamics dynomometer, and his numbers were almost exactly the same. That tells me that JBA's dyno was functioning correctly that day and that this type of dyno is not good for measuring HP and TQ.
But, as any dynomometer, it's probably still a great tool for tuning a car, I'm not going to say the dyno is bad, just that the numbers these types of dyno's produce aren't generally accepted.

How much HP is an 98 GT making stock? 265 hp at the flywheel? If you take, what is it??? 25% for the drivetrain and other factors, we end up with the car dynoing at 199 Hp.....so 201 Hp at JBA and 195 Hp at the Dyno jet we are still very close and as you said they do not measure SAE

SO! Keep on rolling and burn that rubber.................
MAKES U FEEL GOOOOOOD :spot:

M8KMDAY said:
How much HP is an 98 GT making stock? 265 hp at the flywheel? If you take, what is it??? 25% for the drivetrain and other factors, we end up with the car dynoing at 199 Hp.....so 201 Hp at JBA and 195 Hp at the Dyno jet we are still very close and as you said they do not measure SAE

SO! Keep on rolling and burn that rubber.................
MAKES U FEEL GOOOOOOD :spot:

A 98 GT makes 225 at the flywheel.
99+ GT's make 260 at the flywheel.
Drivetrain loss is usually around 16%-18%

lasrred99gt said:
A 98 GT makes 225 at the flywheel.
99+ GT's make 260 at the flywheel.
Drivetrain loss is usually around 16%-18%
I thought it was 25 to 30 % that you loose troughout the drivetrain and depending on Ford brochure or MMFF mag 98GT make 245 and 99GT make 265
Then again, they are only minimal numbers

Keep on rolling RED :flag: GOD SPEEDS TOO :spot:

L8 MUSL said:
Oh, ok.
That makes sense. That guy is a total loose cannon!
every where we go with that guy we need to restrain him in some way. Sometimes a couple of us just have to jump on him and hold him down :shrug:
sometimes i just forget my medicine. :shrug:

L8 MUSL said:
Did you pull the plugs, what did they look like?
How can you be certain the MAF is screwed?
Remind me not to let you drive my car.
The check engine light came on and I pulled the code from the EEC and it came up as no signal from MAF. BTW, I'm always better with someone else property....I'm always harder on mine that's why a blow s--- up :nice: