JBA Dyno Day June 26th

• Sponsors (?)

Wow, flame war. I won't be going. For one I'll be busy that weekend, and two as some of you have mentioned comparing results from different dynos is kind of pointless. I've dynoed my car twice at the Dyno Shop in Santee and will go there again after my next modification (and hopefully when it's not so damn hot out there) so I can get accurate results of power gains by using the same dyno.

There was an article in Hot Rod Magazine about this a couple months ago. They detailed the different ways that dynos measure power and come to the conclusion that dyno data is really only relevant when looking for power gains using the same dyno after a modification has been made to the car.

1990StangLX said:
there are open slots for sure. you're added.

wanted to let you know.

i'm waiting to get my 9" from Pro Gear that i ordered. i should have it in time for dyno day and have it installed but just incase i will let you know.i'm hoping i don't need to shorten my driveshaft because that would delay the process :nonono:

how many days notice do you need if i cancel- i don't want to leave you hangin.

thanks
Rich

LTDScott said:
There was an article in Hot Rod Magazine about this a couple months ago. They detailed the different ways that dynos measure power and come to the conclusion that dyno data is really only relevant when looking for power gains using the same dyno after a modification has been made to the car.

My point exactly. It's really a number to reference for calculating the gains from modifications. Some people see it as a badge of honer or a bragging right (even though half of those people haven't done anything to deserve it other then to open their wallets).
But the funny thing is, I've seen cars beaten in races by cars with half the hp. so, it really is all relivent.

L8 MUSL said:
But the funny thing is, I've seen cars beaten in races by cars with half the hp. so, it really is all relivent.
It' s not just the Hp and Torque you need to win; it's also the person behind the wheel

DRIVE IT LIKE YOU MEAN IT..........................
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU'VE STOLE IT....................... :rlaugh:

you guys have been busy since I was on here last......

I am not exactly sure I would go onto a "groups" thread and start stirring up stuff.....just seems like you are asking fo a flame kissed sfffffinkter, but then again some people are into that.

its not that I have anything against clubs.......well.......actually I do, but reguardless......have some damn respect for other fols desires and wishes.

if you got beef....post your own damn thread and let the whole world view it until they are blue in the face...........oh well

SCORPION said:
you guys have been busy since I was on here last......

I am not exactly sure I would go onto a "groups" thread and start stirring up stuff.....just seems like you are asking fo a flame kissed sfffffinkter, but then again some people are into that.

its not that I have anything against clubs.......well.......actually I do, but reguardless......have some damn respect for other fols desires and wishes.

if you got beef....post your own damn thread and let the whole world view it until they are blue in the face...........oh well

I wouldnt worry about it too much bud. Not too sure what that guys motivation was, sure seems he was here to start a "flame" war. <--- still not big on using that term. Are you heading out to the dyno day? I still gotta find out if I can make it. I will find out soon though. A good bro of mine having a Bachelors party somwhere right around the dyno day date

SonicBlue2v03GT said:
I wouldnt worry about it too much bud. Not too sure what that guys motivation was, sure seems he was here to start a "flame" war. <--- still not big on using that term. Are you heading out to the dyno day? I still gotta find out if I can make it. I will find out soon though. A good bro of mine having a Bachelors party somwhere right around the dyno day date

yeah, I'll be there...despite all its ailments, the interceptor is running very strong :banana: so I am anxiuos to see what her numbers are.

I don't know what that dude's deal was, but trust me, I didn't lose sleep over it.

mmmmmm bachelor party.........."THIS IS DEFINATELY WHERE I PARKED MY CAR"

M8KMDAY

M8KMDAY said:
I'm SORRY to say that, as of now, I will not make it the JBA's Dyno day :nonono: :nonono:
M8KMDAY has a bad connecting wire that I need to trace back to the EEC. I've spend the last two nites and still not done yet. I'll try my best to finish the works to be there; but for now count me out.
Pierre,
I hope you still come by, may be you can come up with Bill if your ride is not ready :)

Fred :flag:

YELLOW42RCODE said:
Pierre,
I hope you still come by, may be you can come up with Bill if your ride is not ready :)

Fred :flag:

Sure he can.
What do we have to do to get that beast back on the road though? That's what I'd really like to see.
Otherwise, I'll put him in the back seat of my car and use him for traction ballist.
And Pierre, can I still borrow those DR's for the Friday night at Qualcom?