JCBeaver's 1993 GT Coyote Swap "The Never-Ending Project"

Reddevil91

10 Year Member
Mar 3, 2010
Got my coyote motor tuned at JBA Speed Shop and now she runs great! Pulled 425HP to flywheel and 360 to the tires on a mustang dyno.

Got the new cobra wheels and tires couple days ago and I love how it looks now with the 10.5" rear wheels. Those 6.5" backspaced 10.5" cobra wheels fit in the rear of a fox perfectly! I still have fox length axles.

E773BAAE-67C3-4AFD-A2CC-44D327EA866C_1_105_c.jpeg

698ED1C9-1279-4845-8185-D6B760025514_1_105_c.jpeg

JBA Speed Shop were cool to throw together a quick video of my fox during the dyno session:

View: https://youtu.be/8HYO-LtZx-A
Sick man job well done on the swap, looks good and seems like you flew through the process. Wish I had them skills. Still wish I could have seen what would have happened with that blowzilla set up you bought, but you could always get a new KB setup for this motor!!

• Sponsors(?)

JCBeaver

Mar 23, 2018
San Diego, CA
Sick man job well done on the swap, looks good and seems like you flew through the process. Wish I had them skills. Still wish I could have seen what would have happened with that blowzilla set up you bought, but you could always get a new KB setup for this motor!!

Dont give me ideas!! My wife will bury me at this point if I brought this up haha! I need to have some fun though - enough with turning the wrenches for now!

Honestly I am very happy with how it runs and drives right now. This car is very very street friendly, which I absolutely love. I am a little scared that with some boost the car is going to sit in the garage more.

I desperately needed new tires as I was skating everywhere - the tires I had were very old (bought them off a dude who stored them for years) so I am super stoked to have this new wheel and tire combo. The grip is a lot better now, still have not drove it much yet since I got them last Tuesday.

JCBeaver

Mar 23, 2018
San Diego, CA
I am on working on getting this car 100% CA Smog legal. I dont think I will ever leave California :) At least it will be very hard to leave.

I recently sourced a pair of lightly used 2014 OEM Cats and stock x pipe from a guy who used them for 300 miles before pulling them off his brand new GT. I will eventually purchase JBA's Cat4Ward CARB legal shorty headers to go with them. Probably will go on the car later this year. I still need to source the entire EVAP set up. Let me know if you have those stuff and want to sell them to me!