JLT and SEA FOAM...WOW !!!

whyask

Apr 4, 2005
Sacramento
So I got the goodies from american muscle today, first thing I did was install my TB/PL and JLT, had to work today all I had time for, and then ran seafoam through the intake ...... WOW, hello smoke show, Ive never seen anything so UBBER COOL, lol, my poor condo complex , someone even told me my car was on fire..!! None the less with the combo installed and the JLT , the car is def. a little more peppy at WOT, the heads and cams will be going in when I have the funds along with the slp catted x and bbk shorties.... .....NOW do I need a tune with the said combo installed or should I just wait till everything is in ..??

Thanks Stangnet for all the great advice !!:nice: :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

A tune would be great but is not needed at this time.

However you should def reset your computer with the new stuff on the intake tract so the car can relearn its fuel trims.

Yeah you need a reset of the pcm. I modified my CAI last week, you may have
read my thread... but I didnt reset untill last night and it definatly made a difference. what I did......
disconect negitive battery terminal.
press brake pedal for 10 seconds.
reconect negitive terminal.
let car idle for 5 minutes.
let car idle with ac on for 5 minutes.
reset clock...... radio stations were still there.

I know this sounds weird but I bought some turbo wrap to keep the hot air away from the intake, just wrapped the intake completely, IM not going for looks in the engine, i just want this bad grl to purr, and so far its working very well... I post a pic tonight so you can see the mayhem..

Dude did you just ask how to reset the PCM and mention wrapping your intake with turbo wrap in the same thread? Have you seen the new Civic Si? It might be a better choice for you :rlaugh:

haha, no everyone of us complains about heat on there intake, so I went and got some heat repeleant tape...(looks like turbo wrap to me) and I wrapped the entire intake in it... I know it sounds ricey but it works....For what ever reason my JLT was getting freaking HOT HOT, I thought that the plastic intake would solve the heat problem, so I just took it one step further !

For Kilgor..LOL

dscf0396kf8.jpg

dscf0397wu6.jpg

Now do you understand what I was talking about, Im not sure what the name is off the top of my head

The tape got all scuffup toward the end, was sliding the fnderwall piece back and forth trying to get the over sized pipe in..Sorry for the crappy photos, at work with my camera phone !

Oh and its not a JLT...I got the mac pipe cause its the only one that is carb legal besides the K&N