July 24 - 2nd Annual Central Jersey Mustangs & Fords Car & Truck Show!!!

• Sponsors (?)

So this is just a morning event for the Mustang and Camaro thing??? That sucks for us driving long distances...

Good thing my GF is 20 mins from Etown, I dont know if I would make a trip for just a race that long, and only race in the morning.

Ill still be there, running!

That sucks! I've been looking forward to this for a while and now it looks like rain. I've been watching the weather for the last few days and at about wednesday they said it was going to be cloudy, then yesterday they said there was a slight chance of scattered thunderstorms, but now there is a 70% chance of thunderstorms throughout the day! ARGH!
I live two hours away so if there is any real chance of the race/show not going on i won't be there unfortunately. :(

ive been looking forward to this for awhile too.. i realize that if the track is wet there wont be any racing, but would they cancel the show too.?? i was planning on having my car in the show, and while is still far from a show car i have been working really hard these past few weeks to get it to where it is now and i would hate for it to be canceled because of rain :notnice:

From what I understand, the events won't be cancelled with just a little drizzle... but I'm sure attendance would be low. The track will only cancel if it's actually raining hard... and if that does happen, CJMF will have a rain date announced for our show.

NJStangFan said:
We're set with whatever the track officials tell us to do. I'll be there early, but the only way to know for sure is to show up and see what happens...

yea thats easy for a New Jersey resident to say. Ehhh..i'll just play it by ear...worst comes to worst i will just get drunk and drive off of a cliff i guess :shrug:

NJStangFan said:
We're set with whatever the track officials tell us to do. I'll be there early, but the only way to know for sure is to show up and see what happens...

The problem with that is that even if it doesn't rain hard most of the show cars wont show up and the place will be next to empty. If i lived close i might show up to "see what happens", but with a 2 hour drive, tolls, gas, and admission price i can't see wasting all of that to see what happens.

According to http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNJ0381?begHour=9&begDay=206
There is a 50-60% chance of thunderstorms throughout the day. It was 70% this morning for most of the day so maybe things seem to be getting better. I guess we'll all have to see what's up in the morning and go from there.

Even though every channel has said a different thing (and weather.com says its going to rain the entire day!) i saw one weather report on the 11pm news and it said that there would be light rain in the morning, and dry for the rest of the day, so hopefully everything will work out.
Everyone call Etown in the morning to see whether the track is open or not

i stopped by to check it out for like an hour. didn't seem like many people were there, i guess because it looked like it was going to rain :( I saw maybe like 30 stangs @ the show, but a good amount were running down the track beating on the f-bodies ;)

I went. There were only about (like vidmaster said) 30 cars running down the track, and maybe about the same in the showcar area. I guess with the expected rain nobody showed up. I wasn't going to go myself but when the time came i called etown to see if they were open, and checked the weather. Everything seemed good so i went. On the way down (i have a 2 hour drive) we hit rain, but by the time we got to etown the rain had stopped and the track was dry.
All i can say is for those who did race they must have had a great time because it seemed like everyone was getting a TON of runs in. Unfortunately for the spectators we had to watch those same cars going over and over again. I didn't run because i wound up taking my little brother with me.....his first time seeing a dragrace, and he loved it!
I took some pictures that i'll post here when i get them uploaded some time tonight or tomorrow.